Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Downloading free books from Google Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nat27) | 3 comments I tried to download a free book from Google Books the other day - it goes to Adobe Digital and opens on my computer, but the book didn't go to the library so that I could drag it to my Nook. Has anyone done this successfully? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just not possible?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 292 comments I have not downloaded anything from Google Books but I would guess that you could probably just sideload it directly to your Nook.

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) look for the book in your documents, you can still drag and drop it into the nook icon.

message 4: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Apr 11, 2011 01:44PM) (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I had this problem the other day, though not with Google books - I think it turned out the book file was not in my ADE folder. It would open up ADE when I clicked on the file, but then would not be in my ADE library to transfer. Check to see if your book is in the right folder.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nat27) | 3 comments That's exactly what happened - thanks for the feedback.

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments This happens to me all the time Natalie whenever I download a book from anything other than my library site. I usually find the book in the downloads folder. From there you should be able to move it to the ADE folder or to your Nook (either way) I have created a separate folder for all my ePubs and then load them from calibre.