Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Build a Country

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RedPath (last edited Jul 05, 2012 03:50AM) (new)

RedPath | 853 comments (I'm not sure if this really belongs under "Writing Exercises" but I thought it would bring out some really creative results ^^')

STEP RIGHT UP AND BUILD YOUR VERY OWN, CUSTOMIZED, STUFFED WITH LOVE (OR BLOODSHED) COUNTRY!

Don't be alarmed, ladies and germs. It's very simple. Allow me to show you!

*Yes, show us!*

All you have to do is fill out these categories right down here and before you know it, you'll have your very own nation!

Country's name:
Flag description:
Capitol:
National anthem:
Geographical details:
History:
What your country is well known for:

*Is it really that simple??*

Why, yes it is! Make up anything you like. It doesn't have to be on Earth. It can be on some far away planet, in a parallel universe, underwater, in the sky, wherever you want. There are no limits!

*Ooooh, ahhh, how terrifying!*

Not at all! Just fill out those basic details and you're good as gold! Of course, my dear audience, don't be afraid of adding any important categories to that little format up there. Go crazy with it!

*Really??*

Yes, really. But let me get out of the way first. We don't want to relive last year's catastrophe. *shivers* My eyebrows still haven't completely grown back yet...

Anyway! Good luck!

(As for that anthem part, just pick your favorite song or a song you think fits your country. Or write one from scratch! Do whatever you want with your life!)

(Kbye)

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Celvin | 121 comments Country's name: Zarkelvanya
Flag description: http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/4...
Capitol: New Port
National anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bJMxh...
Geographical details: varys greatly between regions
History: exiles from France founded this country. it is unknown to the rest of the world
What your country is well known for: It's scholars

message 3: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Sweet!

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD I like that one!

message 5: by RedPath (last edited Jul 05, 2012 03:54AM) (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Country's name: Kongsten

Flag description: It has a royal blue backround with a black, triangle border and a red dot in the middle. It signifies how the dark, overbearing mountains surround the regal country in all directions. The red is for the capitol, which is in the center of Kongsten.

Capitol: Crolone

National anthem: Prayer Of The Refugee -Rise Against ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SQGO... )

Geographical details: Kongsten is a country that sits in a basin completely surrounded by the Black Mountains. Since it's below sea level, there are quite a few natural springs of water and aquifers and lakes. Their soil is very poor, so most of their food is meat and whatever grows in the mountains.

History: Many thousands of years ago, there was a great and terrible war. In fact, it was so terrible that all events are catagorized as "pre-war" and "post-war". So many people were displaced and kicked out of their countries that the population of war refugees outnumbered any others. So, when the war ended, all of the refugees banded together and conquered the Black Mountains in order to create a country in its cradle. The area had been untouched by the world and it seemed like the ideal place for a country founded by victims of war.

What your country is well known for: Its architecture, history, superior masonry, and wool products.

message 6: by Luna (new)

Luna (daughterofselene) | 87 comments Country's name:Carjealeau( ok its a planet not a country but its similar)
Flag description: Background is black with little silver stars and in the center is Carjealeau and its moon,Conra.
Capitol:Parca
National anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3bmF...
Geographical details:Above ground Carjealeau is covered in volcanos and lava.Few plants and animals live here.Underground is completely different.You know those volcanic rocks that if you look at them from one angle you can see through them.When you're underground on Carjealeau the rock above you is like that.It is very tropical except for the Golden Desert to the south,the Constellation Mountian Range in the north, and the Great Plains, which lie between the Constellation Mountians and the Black Hole Sea to the east.There is no oxygen and four kinds of 'water', gold water in the Golden Desert, silver water in the Moonlight River to the north, black water in the Black Hole Sea, and lava water on the surface.Except for a few forests,Forest of Roses, Forest of Shadows and Starfruit Forest, the land is mostly flat and good for farming. There are only two notable islands in the Black Hole Sea.
History:Its mostly a peaceful planet but recently there was a war called The Twelve Thousand Years War beacause it was three days short of being twelve thousand years long. Now the people,Carjealeauns, are trying to make a friendship with the people who attacked them, Carbealeauns from the planet Carbealeau.
What your country is well known for: The good soil for farming, the gems and presious metals that are plentiful,its monarchy-democracy style government, and its unique culture.

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments Country's name: GAPOOKLE!
Flag description: It's white with red edges, and the middle is four snakes tangled together. One is green, one blue, one yellow, and one orange. They all have really cheesy smiles.
Capitol: Porgogak
National anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEDjE...
Geographical details: The grass is purple and the sky is yellow. The people who live there are a bunch of BLOBS and they have different colours and features depending on their personality. For example, happy, nice people are purple or pink or rainbow, and they have really big smiles and heart-shaped arms/legs.
History: Ehh....they're rivals with the Paorrel planet. There's a long history of wars that I'm too lazy to write down.
What your country is well known for: CRAZYNESS and happiness. They also make kids happy by exporting imaginary friends. and blowing them into kids minds. This is the country where imagination flourishes.

I AM FEELING CRAZY RIGHT NOW =D

message 8: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments I love both of those! XD

You creative people you.

message 9: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Ah, I need to do this for my new story. :D Thanks for making this thread, Red.
*smile*

message 10: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments No problem! Glad it could be useful :)

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments YOU ARE AWESOME RP =D

message 12: by RedPath (last edited Feb 21, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

RedPath | 853 comments YOU ARE TOO, DEAR SHREYA!

message 13: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Saweeeeet.

message 14: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments No problemo :D

message 15: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Country's name: Emilytopia

Flag description: Dark blue background with stars thrown out on it; crescent moon in middle

Capitol: Zepikzania (formerally Kidville)

National anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3... (Like, one of the funniest songs ever. Clean, not offense. It's just hilarious. XD)

Geographical details: Seperated on different clouds; take areobuses to different areas of the country

History: Running away from the collapse of her former country's economy, leader Emily jumped onto the Millineiumm Falcon and skydived onto an area of clouds. She then brought friends and family to refuged there, and brought anyone else who wanted to come.

What your country is well known for: Awesomeness. End of story.

Primary language: Pig Latin

message 16: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD You're awesome.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments Emily Zepik Fompledump wrote: "Country's name: Emilytopia

Flag description: Dark blue background with stars thrown out on it; crescent moon in middle

National anthem: http://www..."

message 18: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments -nod-

message 19: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments *bows*

message 21: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments You are allowed to move in!

message 22: by RedPath (last edited Mar 17, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

RedPath | 853 comments PSH. I've already made a down payment on my house.

message 23: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I know, right? It's amaaaaaaazing. =)

message 24: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I can quote the whole thing for you.

message 25: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments "I have a list. Help me sort this
From the epicest win to the desperately winless.

Chicken nuggets (winning!)
Bubblegum (winning!)
Pretending to text to avoid someone (epic winning!)"

message 26: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) Country's name: Mauchi
Flag description: A tree showing both the branches and leaves above ground and the roots below ground. A simplified emblem skips the leaves, though it isn't exactly supposed to look dead, but more of reaching out in every direction.
Capitol: Pautra, though they don't have much to choose from.
National anthem: NA
Geographical details: Has varied widely throughout history, once being the greatest empire in Yuni history, but now just including one cluster of mountains, a little bit of sea, a lot of little rivers and woods, and up against a huge, ancient, and dangerous forest that no country claims as its own.
History: The oldest country in the world, but rarely the strongest. Most of their politics, particularly after the decline of their empire, was heavily decentralized to the point where imperial expansion could no longer be possible. They've never had an official standing army, although there were pleanty of volunteer militia groups and trained law-officers that could double as soldiers. In times of war or crisis all the men and most of the childless women stood up in defence. Most enemies only knew how to deal with unorganized or heavily organized armies; they didn't know how to deal with intuitively organized neighbors. Family life, above all, is cherished in Mauchi. They haven't built more than a dozen remotely large cities in their entire history.
What your country is well known for: Surviving all of recorded history and still surviving, surround by enemies, as one of the smallest countries in the world.

message 27: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Emily Zepik Fompledump wrote: "Country's name: Emilytopia

National anthem: http://www..."

I wanna go to Emilytopia, Mommy! TAKE ME THERE.

message 28: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Edward wrote: "Country's name: Mauchi
Flag description: A tree showing both the branches and leaves above ground and the roots below ground. A simplified emblem skips the leaves, though it isn't exactly suppose..."

I like it! Very cool :)

message 29: by Elliott (new)

I can't think of a country. >.<

message 30: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Lavania? Lavland? Costa Lavanda?

message 31: by Elliott (new)

Costa Lavanda. Hehe. I like it. :)

message 32: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD -score 1 for RedPath-

message 33: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Lavanda....

Canada....

Winnipeg....

"THAT'S IN CANADA!"....

AVPM. =)

message 34: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD

message 35: by James Cox, (last edited Mar 27, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

James Cox, (jamesva) | 201 comments Country's Name: Country of Green and Love
Flag description: Solid Green
Capitol: Blackstone
National anthem: Sweet Home Alabama
Geographical details:Nottoway County in Parallel Universe
History: Lauren dumps Matthew and we grow up to marry each other. We take over Nottoway County by recruiting an army of cats that chases out all in habinants then brings both Lauren's and my extended family.
What your country is well known for:Average IQ of 130, Zero Emissions Policy, free outstanding healthcare and living under a dome sealing out pollutants and the apocalypse with artificial weather.

message 36: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments I like the health care part ^-^

message 37: by James Cox, (last edited Mar 28, 2011 04:18PM) (new)

James Cox, (jamesva) | 201 comments Plan B

Country's name:Cuntry That Homer Rulz
Flag description: Crayon Scribbles
Capitol:Springfield, USA (The one city not in a state!)
National anthem:"Spider pig, Spider Pig, Does What Ever a Spider-Pig Does"
Geographical details: Pit with some tents in it
History: Homer blows up the town by falling asleep at work
What your country is well known for: destroying the environment

message 38: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD the Simpsons!

message 39: by James Cox, (new)

James Cox, (jamesva) | 201 comments Plan C
Name:Post-modern Canada
Flag description: red maple leaf
National anthem: O, Canada
History: Canada wins US land in World War IV in 2143
What Country is known for: Descendant of Albert Einstein and Louis Owen (my maternal,genius, late grandfather), Louise Owen Einstien, invents warp speed cars, hovercars, sound in space, and time travel.

message 40: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Build-a-bird nest! -dies laughing-

message 41: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments :)

message 42: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments That's hilarious! Who did the birdification anyways?

message 43: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments I think it was Acacia, Juliet, and Maria. I know Brigid didn't do anything about it, because she's way pissed.

message 44: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments XD They're amazing.

Oh dear. Pissed off Brigids aren't good O_O

message 45: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments Indeed they are not.

message 46: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments I'm scared...

message 47: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments Don't worry. Cassie will protect you.

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments Where is Brigid? Does she need a hug? *looks around*
Wait...I think Brigid did it too..because her title is now You wanna be a bird like me! instead of You wanna be a loser like me.
Brigid is not a loser =(

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments Okay I just saw her new title. Forget what I just said.

message 50: by Elliott (new)

Mitch wrote: "Don't worry. Cassie will protect you."

Or she'll kill you. Either one, really.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.