Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Please Help Listing an ARC for Swap

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments Hi! As my first time listing a book for swap, I would like to list my copy of Art and Madness. I won it here on Goodreads, now I'd like to give back by listing it for swap. I have done a bit of research that says it should be listed in a certain manner since it is an ARC. I would love it if someone would "walk" me through the process so I can make sure it's done right. Many Thanks In Advance~Anne Fjeld

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Anne wrote: "Hi! As my first time listing a book for swap, I would like to list my copy of Art and Madness. I won it here on Goodreads, now I'd like to give back by listing it for swap. I have done a bit of ..."

You add the book yourself by clicking on 'manually add book' on the right side of the search page and enter the details that match your copy. Then post here again when you are done and someone will combine it with the other editions.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments Thank you for your help. Here's the listing: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

I will wait to hear when it's been combined, and then I'll list it in the swap :)

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Anne wrote: "Thank you for your help. Here's the listing: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

I will wait to hear when it's been combined, and then I'll list it in the swap :)"

Done.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments One more question...I wrote a review on this book, and posted it. I went to click on it to copy and place my review on the listing I just created, and I got an error code that said the review couldn't be opened, and now it's nowhere to be seen. I didn't save a copy of the review. Where did it go :(

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Anne, if you remove a book from your shelves then you delete your review as well -- did you do that? If so, I'm afraid that there's no way to get the review back.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments Oh no! Yeah...I removed the Hardcover version, thinking my ARC version would be the one I'd want to have listed in my books. Man, that stinks. I put a lot of effort into that review. Guess I'll be doing another. Thanks Cait :)

message 8: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Alas! Well, if something similar comes up in the future, what you can do is wait until the other edition is listed in GR and then there will be a "switch to this edition" option available which will move your review and shelves to the selected edition.