Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Author Issues Folder?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom | 12 comments Should there be an Author Issues folder?
I have noticed that Author request/issues tend to end up in either General or Book Issues folders.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43533 comments Mod
Most author issues are really book issues.

message 3: by Shireen (new)

Shireen (shireenj) | 10 comments I have an author issue and don't know where to put it. Maybe under general will work.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Wright | 8 comments Can I add reviews that others have made for my books? I see in my list of my own books that there are no reviews, but I have had very good reviews in other venues.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43533 comments Mod
Eric, many authors add these in either the writing section or via their blog.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Wright | 8 comments Thanks...what is meant by, "the writing section?"

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

message 8: by Shireen (new)

Shireen (shireenj) | 10 comments I never thought of that, good idea. Thanks!

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim (gundark) | 25 comments rivka wrote: "Most author issues are really book issues."

True. But when you have a whole bunch of 'book issues', all for one author, and to fix it requires author disambiguation, it's easier to approach the project as an 'author' project than a bunch of individual 'book issues'. Like we were doing recently with Adam Smith: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

I guess there used to be a big 'author disambiguation' thread. That is kind of the same thing as a "author issues" section, but just not as formal, or easy to manage. With a separate 'author issues' section, we could create a working thread for each disambiguation project.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24696 comments The previous author disambiguation thread was a list of completed work, not work to be done.