Kidz Like 2 e-Read discussion

join us in the discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debi (new)

Debi Faulkner | 43 comments Mod
If you'd like to join the other MG writers in our attempts to promote one another's work (both on this site, the FB page and our new blog!), come a join in the discussion at our yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kidzlik...

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments Debi wrote: "If you'd like to join the other MG writers in our attempts to promote one another's work (both on this site, the FB page and our new blog!), come a join in the discussion at our yahoo group. http:/..."

I'm finally in. Yahoo had deleted me as I hadn't used my account for so long. Then it let me in, then cancelled me again. Phew, I'm in again, but with a name it wouldn't let me change - a character from one of my stories. LOL.

message 3: by Ben (last edited Feb 19, 2011 04:41AM) (new)

Ben White (ben_white) I'm finally in. Yahoo had deleted me as I hadn't used my account for so long. Then it let me in, then cancelled me again. Phew, I'm in again, but with a name it wouldn't let me change - a character from one of my stories. LOL.

Similar situation here, my account's gone and it's refusing to let me make a new one. I'll try again tomorrow.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments Ben wrote: "I'm finally in. Yahoo had deleted me as I hadn't used my account for so long. Then it let me in, then cancelled me again. Phew, I'm in again, but with a name it wouldn't let me change - a character..."

Ben keep trying. There are so many buttons to click, I missed one the first time. Now, I can't remember which one. It wouldn't even let me open a new account as it kept saying I already had one, but wouldn't let me use it. Finally, I figured it out, but don't know how.

Looking forward to seeing you in there though.

message 5: by Debi (new)

What a nightmare! Sorry to make everyone have to jump through so many hoops. Hopefully we all make it over, though.

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments Debi wrote: "What a nightmare! Sorry to make everyone have to jump through so many hoops. Hopefully we all make it over, though."

I've been and had a look around. It needs a few bean bags and a coffee table. Oh, and a few bottles of bubbly and some glasses. I'll make Nachos and bring cashews. :)

message 7: by LB (new)

LB Gschwandtner (goodreadscomlb) | 48 comments Mod
Me too... had trouble. Can't figure out if I am in Yahoo or out.
Can anyoen else tell?

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments LB wrote: "Me too... had trouble. Can't figure out if I am in Yahoo or out.
Can anyoen else tell?"

LB, you're not in yet. Maybe I'll get my little genie, Roseberry to blink you in, or Velvet the pixie can wave her magic wand.

As soon as you get in, send a message, then we'll all receive it and know you're in. But don't drink all the wine until we all get there.

You have to fiddle around heaps just to figure it out. It drove me nuts. I can't rember what I did to get in, but I think I changed my profile and password, but before I could do that, I had to recieve an email from Yahoo, telling me my oold user name.

Good luck.

Trish.

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments LB and Ben, I just remembered, I clicked on the button on the top right hand corner that said 'join group.' Maybe that's what you have to do.

Trish.

message 10: by LB (new)

hmmm I did that. Maybe I DID join & i don't know it.

message 11: by LB (new)

I did get an email from Yahoo congratulating me. I thought that meant I won an Oscar.

message 12: by LB (new)

Just tried to get back into it & cannot even find it. Can someone pls insert the url for the Yahoo thing here so I can copy & paste it?

Although this group seems to work fine, no?

message 13: by Debi (new)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kidzlik...

Here's the link again.

LB, since I had your email address, I'd also sent you an invitation to join. Did you get that, too? (maybe check your spam folder?)

The group seems to work okay, but I have no idea why you're all having so much trouble joining! I made is completely public and open . . .

message 14: by LB (new)

I did get it & followed it and that's where my troubles began. Lament lament.

So now I clicked thru with the link & when I get there I have no idea what to do.

Question: do we need all these places to be checking? Can't we do the same thing right here?

message 15: by Ben (new)

Ben White (ben_white) That was a cosmic hassle. Yahoo seem to have made it as difficult as possible to actually join--in the end I had to do a Google search for 'yahoo register' and even then--well, anyway, I'm in now, that's the important thing. Although honestly I prefer Goodreads--much easier to join, for one.

message 16: by LB (new)

I'm with Ben.

message 17: by Debi (new)

I have no problem with sticking to Goodreads. My only question is whether we want to use this site as a place to discuss "strategy" and scheduling for a blog as well as a promotional site to provide information to readers.

Is this a good place to bounce ideas around, too?

message 18: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments I guess we could, and there's always private messaging and emails.

I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants.

message 19: by Toni (T.C.) (new)

Toni  (T.C.) LoTempio (toni1953) | 8 comments i finally got into Yahoo - but emails work too. :) whatever the majority wants.

message 20: by LB (new)

there's a function at the top of this page on the far right. Next to your name/picture, click on the little arrow & you see "notifications" & if you click on that you'll see all your communications easily. I didn't know about that before yesterday so just sharing it.

message 21: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments LB wrote: "there's a function at the top of this page on the far right. Next to your name/picture, click on the little arrow & you see "notifications" & if you click on that you'll see all your communications..."

Hey, LB, thanks for that. I didn't know about that either. Cool. Love new buttons. :)

message 22: by LB (new)

Patricia wrote: "LB wrote: "there's a function at the top of this page on the far right. Next to your name/picture, click on the little arrow & you see "notifications" & if you click on that you'll see all your com..."

this is a test, Patricia, just to see if it shows to everyone or just you or what.
There must be a way for us to make these discussions private if we want to.

There ARE GRs groups that are closed where only the members can see what's posted. i do know that.

message 23: by LB (new)

Oh, hello, everyone go to the top right again to Group Settings.

We can set this up so certain parts are restricted to members. Check it out. Discuss amongst yourselves.

I'm all verklempt...

message 24: by Debi (new)

I have the notifications "on," so that should work. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make some of the discussion private. It seems you can either make the entire group public or the entire group private.

I think we definitely want to stay public, but if we should set up a separate group that is private in order to discuss planning and such . . .

message 25: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments What about Messenger? That would work. Or FaceBook messeging. Skype?

message 26: by Debi (new)

Are you talking about "live" meetings? The only problem then is to keep timezones in mind (I am 5 hours ahead of eastern time).

message 27: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments You can still leave private messages on Facebook, but I'm happy to go to Yahoo, here, Faceboo, or email. I know Yahoo groups work really well. I've been on a few of those before.