readers advisory for all discussion

so ask already!!! > Looking for a new series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flannery, html whiz (new)

Flannery (flannabanana) | 63 comments Mod
This message was moved from the general folder to the query section. The original poster is Robyn:-)

Hi all! I am looking for a really good read. I would love to find a good series to read. i heard something about "The Hallows" sounds interesting, but maybe looking for something a little more historic and maybe a drama??? -Robyn

message 2: by Flannery, html whiz (last edited Feb 18, 2011 08:04PM) (new)

Also, here is a link to Robyn's Profile. She's a new member on GR.

And the series mentioned is The Hallows by M. W. Eber

message 3: by karen, future RA queen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 1315 comments Mod
okay, so you are looking for a series. because you are a new member, we don't really know a lot about your reading preferences. do you want a series with a lot of adventure?? or with supernatural elements?? do you have a time period in mind when you say "historic", or a part of the world?? usually, with readers' advisory, the more specific you are in your request, the better people are able to find the perfect book for you. the phrase "good read" means many things to many people - help us to clarify what it means to you.

message 4: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Flannery, I think Robyn is thinking about Kim Harrison's The Hallows series which starts with Dead Witch Walking.

If she is into UF, dare I recommend Fever books?

message 5: by Flannery, html whiz (new)

I thought so as well but she only has two books on her shelves and one of them is the one I linked up--The Hallows. I sent her a message stating that I moved the message over here so she knows...

message 6: by carriedaway (new)

carriedaway | 25 comments Mortal Coils? A brother and sister raised by their strict grandmother find out that they're descended from warring gods & devils. I admit, I really loved their strict, strict grandmother's 100 Rules. So arbitrary. So useful.

message 7: by Mariel (new)

Mariel (fuchsiagroan) Moon Called is an urban fantasy series with some history background. If I get what you mean by history.

Touch the Dark is definitely history oriented (I personally found it a bit uninspired after multiple uf series).

message 8: by karen, future RA queen (new)

did any of these work for you?? do tell!

message 9: by Flannery, html whiz (new)

This person evidently posted her query on the day she joined and then never signed onto Goodreads again.

message 10: by karen, future RA queen (new)

awwwww - maybe she is busy reading all the suggestions given here?