Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Vampire Academy Status Check

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Hi everyone,

I thought I'd check and see where everyone is in the group series read - Vampire Academy. Let us know what book you're on, if you've finished the series, or decided not to go on.

Thanks
Lisarenee

message 2: by Galla (new)

Galla | 110 comments I've finished the series.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I am going to continue and I am on book 2. I feel bad that I have not gotten any farther!

message 4: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Autrey (brandyautrey) | 5 comments I have read the entire series and fell in love with the characters :). I enjoy Rose and her wit and humor the most ;). The final book "Last Sacrafice" :: No spoiler... left off in a way that leaves open for side characters to possibly have their own novels :). I hope Richelle continues writing books in the "Vampire Academy" world. :) I've also read all her other books in the Succubuss series and Eugenie Markham Series.. All excellent books ;)

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (vegancleopatra) | 12 comments I've read the first two and have the third on my shelf from the library. Although the teenage angst is sometimes annoying and the writing is simple, I still find Mead's storylines rather entertaining. The books are quick escapes between lengthier books.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm up to read Spirit Bound. I have it from the library, but I'm getting ready to paint the office, so almost all reading is temporarily on hold.

message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Nikki said, "The books are quick escapes between lengthier books."

I totally agree.

Brandy wrote, "Last Sacrafice" :: No spoiler... left off in a way that leaves open for side characters to possibly have their own novels :)."

Was there something posted about the series coming to a possible end? I know at one time Cassandra Clare said she would write no more Mortal Instrument books, but there will now be three books added to the series. Is that what happened with the VA Mead said that she's taking a break or it was the end of the series?

message 8: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I'm starting Blood Promise today after a long wait from the library.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Nikki said, "The books are quick escapes between lengthier books."

I totally agree.

Brandy wrote, "Last Sacrafice" :: No spoiler... left off in a way that leaves open for side characters to pos..."

Apparently, Bloodlines is the series spin off and the 1st book is out 8/23/11.

message 10: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Gökırmak (tugcenidasevin) | 157 comments I havejust finished Frostbite and it was definitely better than the first one, i finally started to wonder whats gonna happen next.

message 11: by Sashana (new)

Sashana You're in for a treat with book three :)

message 12: by Alara (new)

Alara (gaelen) I read Shadow Kiss. Even though the ending was shocking, I don't intend to read next book for a few weeks.

message 13: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (mandybeyers) | 173 comments I finished the first two in January and am still waiting on book 3 from the library.

message 14: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (vegancleopatra) | 12 comments I have read books 3 through 5 continually now and am starting Last Sacrifice. The cliffhanger endings are killing me! The books have gotten really good though, I've thoroughly enjoyed them. Last Sacrifice is the last in the series correct? Or are there rumors of another one? I know of the spinoff but I was fairly certain #6 was it for VA. I certainly hope the ending won't leave me with more questions!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm still trying to get to Spirit Bound. The new office has consumed me! Hopefully, next week will see me reading it.

message 16: by Nami (new)

Nami (tenshii) | 43 comments My friend has them on her phone...I could start off reading there?? Because Ive never read the series..

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I have to read a series from the beginning, but that's just me. I still haven't started Spirit Bound!

message 18: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments I have so many series going that I'm reluctant to start another one until I finish off at least one series. How good is this series? Worthy of bouncing back the Outlander series?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I've never read the Outlander series so I couldn't say. This is a decent series. I just haven't had time to read much lately since I was trying to finish my office overhaul.

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 338 comments I've read the first three, and plan to read the next three starting March 23rd.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Finished Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead . Onward to Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

message 22: by Lisarenee (last edited Apr 01, 2011 01:07PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I've added the Vampire Academy books on our groups Bookshelf as being read. Now I'm going to take it off the list of books currently being read. You can still read them, I, in fact, still have 2 to go, but it's time to give the newer group series read, Mercy Thompson, some shelf time.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Ooh...I want to read that series.

message 24: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments I finished Vampire Academy several days ago. I started Frostbite, which I should finish in a couple of weeks since my digital lending license expires by then, but I've pushed it back to read the library books that are due sooner. I intend to continue.

message 25: by Sashana (new)

Sashana niquae wrote: "I finished Vampire Academy several days ago. I started Frostbite, which I should finish in a couple of weeks since my digital lending license expires by then, but I've pushed it back to read the li..."

Did you enjoy the first book?

message 26: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments It was enjoyable but I didn't think it lived up to the hype, so to speak. :) I thought it was better written than the Twilight series at any rate (sorry, fans!). It felt like it had more substance as a whole, better and more interesting characters (Rose beats Bella any day), and portrayed a healthier relationship (no stalking decades older vampire but the older guy doing his best to maintain a safe relationship with jailbait) between the main characters. Rose also didn't irritate me with constant gushing about how "perfect" Dimitri is and how she is totally unworthy of him.

Err, I'll stop with the comparison now and just reiterate that I did enjoy the first book. :)

message 27: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Well, I finished Frostbite several days ago. I really like Dimitri and Rose's storyline. It's great how the author shows and tells the reader how Rose is young and still growing up compared to Dimitri, and that he can respect that. She also showed how Rose matured through her experiences and under Dimitri's training.

I'm waiting for the third book to be available to me for download from the library. I check everyday. lol.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I finished the series and enjoyed it very much. I didn't like the Twilight or Mortal Instruments series so it was nice to read a YA series that kept me interested.

message 29: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I'm reading the last book.

message 30: by Janet (new)

Janet | 43 comments I finished this series recently. I enjoy how Richelle Mead built a complete sociopolitical world and shows how that society influences Rose. This is definitely more than a love story with fangs. :)

Here is a recent interview with Richelle Mead if you're interested.

message 31: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks Jan.

message 32: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments I've stalled at Spirit Bound. I really don't like how Rose is treating Adrian and her friends, and the book is way overdue at the library. I intend to pick it up again when I can get a hold of the book again.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Spirit Bound (other topics)
Last Sacrifice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)