Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > B&N and ADE not talking to each other

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I bought a few books from B&N and tried to download them with ADE so I'd have backups of them on my computer. When the menu asked what I wanted to do with the file, I said open with ADE; it brought up the program, but the books did not appear. This is supposed to be doable, right? I can't remember if I've ever done it before. ADE is working fine with books I download from the library or buy from Kobo.

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Hi Willaful--so you can't see the books on your computer or you can't see them on your Nook? If it is on your Nook, I know you have to actually register your Nook with your ADE. Does that make sense?

message 3: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

The books never make it into ADE: the program comes up, but the books aren't there in my ADE library. My Nook is registered, I've used ADE to download books from the library and Kobo without problems.

It occurred to me later that maybe I can have calibre import them directly from my Nook? But I'm not home right now so can't try it.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Uh....I have no idea then. I am not a technical person at all. Sorry I couldn't help. I hope you get it figured out--that must be so frustrating!

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita | 32 comments the Nook (reg one) doesn't keep B&N books in ADE. I have two separate libraries on the Nook. And from what I understand, ADE won't store books purchased from B&N.

message 6: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

Yes, I've found that out since.