The Everyday, Average But Awesome, Book Club discussion

This Group > Comments/Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 244 (244 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 17, 2011 04:28PM) (new)

The title says it

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

By the way, your a mod now!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Because your active and I think you can help the group!

message 4: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 387 comments Mod
And me! Hello, I am back to a totally different group. Everyone say hi to me.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, again

message 6: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

Coooooooool

message 7: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Okay I have one question... Are we reading The Comet's Curse during March or are we discussing it during March???

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading and discussing in March

message 9: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

Reading during March, discussing at the end of March.

message 10: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

Or rereading

message 11: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Yeah, I'll be rereading it. But I don't care because it's one of the awesomest books ever!!!

message 12: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

YES! I will totally reread it over and over again!

message 13: by Sammy (last edited Feb 20, 2011 09:13AM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments So in March are you going to open a discussion page/section thingy for the book?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya

message 15: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Cool

message 16: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

Wait but we might not really read that one.

message 17: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Which book are we reading???

message 18: by Sevania, C'mon peeps! Read the November book! (new)

I don't know! Vote on the poll!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

i did!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

If anyone's on, could you PLEEAASSEE post something that I could reply to?

message 21: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Okay! Here's something to reply to: Explain whether you prefer llamas or bicycles, and explain why.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know. Llamas you have to feed, but bicycles only do one thing. Llamas. They are fuzzy, have a cool name, and could you ride them like a horsey?

message 23: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments I think you could... and THAT WOULD BE SO FUN!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I know right!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments That is one of the reasons I want a llama.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

me too! thats also why I want an elephant and a Giraffe and a lamb/sheep

message 27: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments I would love to ride an elephant!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! I also want a pegasus/unicorn

message 29: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments I want to have a flying blue time machine spaceship box so I can go back in time to a Beatles concert. Then I'd go back to 19th century London do stuff. Then I'd go to the moon and travel to distant planets and defeat unspeakably evil monsters and robots and aliens and save the world for different galaxies!
(Yes it is weird but you can't deny that it is awesome)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

it isn't weird and it is awesome.

message 31: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Go theory of relativity!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know that theory.

message 33: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) It's where everything is all relative! That's all. :–)

message 34: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Well it's also kinda about how time travel is technically physically possible, but the theory is impossible to test.

message 35: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Ohh...

message 36: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments But I'm kinda glad time travel can't be done because then people would go around changing history like WWII and messing everything up.

message 37: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Yeah, that would be bad. I would like to change things I've done though. Embarrassing moments are embarrassing to think about.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

That would mean no history class! Because we could just learn ourselves and it would be confusing.

message 39: by Sammy (last edited Feb 28, 2011 04:17PM) (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments But what if you bumped into someone and caused them not to cross paths with someone who would marry them one day? That could keep someone from being born, and change an entire family tree, and effect whoever was meant to meet them. You could keep Christopher Columbus from discovering America, and then there would only be five known continents. Someone would discover it eventually, but then the Revolutionary War will never be fought, there would be no civil war, and many other major events would not be happening. Then as the Earth's population grows, and technology advances, one America is discovered, there will be way more natives in North and South America than there were than there were when Columbus was alive. The wars could be much more violent, and America would not have the same name, since Amerigo Vespucci will not be alive anymore. All the songs and poems and books and art will be completely changed, and what if Spain, England, and Portugal are not the countries who each claim part of America? It could be totally different countries, like Russia, Australia, and Japan, or something. Then the flags will be different, and if there is a war over who gets the land, it will be much more catastrophic than it would have been hundreds of years ago. The immigrants who would have come could be living in Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, or Australia, and those who were meant to live in one of those continents could be living in what would have been America. Most of the people that are alive today might not even exist!

(Sorry this is so long, but I was just thinking as I typed, and apparently I was thinking about a lot!)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, but if you just bumped into someone, that wouldn't keep them from meeting someone, would it?

message 41: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Sammy wrote: "But what if you bumped into someone and caused them not to cross paths with someone who would marry them one day? That could keep someone from being born, and change an entire family tree, and effe..."

That's what happens to me in my journal in history. He tells us to write about life and then I start writing a page leading into politics or something when we are supposed to write five sentences. Oh well.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I still don't think that if you bumped into someone it would change history. Being able to time travel might, but not bumping into someone.

message 43: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) If Hitler bumped Winston Churchill, would it not make history?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

It might... but that wouldn't keep Hitler from doing what he did. Who's Winston Churchill?

message 45: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Winston Churchill was the prime minister for England in WWII. He was our greatest ally I think. I dunno for sure.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

oh... Hitler could have just killed him then and there.

message 47: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments No, that's not what I mean. Okay, let's say you are in the year 1430, and you bump into Christopher Columbus's mother before he is born. And that happens to be the day that she and his father meet, and they do so by bumping into eachother and striking up a conversation. But since you delayed her by a few seconds, they never bump into eachother and meet. And if Mr. Columbus was only going to be in that city for the day, and Mrs. Future Columbus never sees him, then Baby Columbus will never have been born. If you realized your mistake soon enough though, you would have to come up with another way for them to meet by going back to when you bumped into her and stop your past self from doing so.

message 48: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) Ok.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

That makes more sense.

message 50: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (IreneAdler) | 1616 comments Hey, have you ever read a book called The Princess and The Hound? I got it for my friend for her B-day and I'm not sure if it's any good...

« previous 1 3 4 5