Victoria B.C. (Book Club) discussion

General > Book game

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorothy (last edited Feb 17, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 248 comments A friend sent this to me. I thought it was an interesting idea.

GAME RULES: Grab the book closest to you right now. Open to page 56 and choose the 5th sentence. Copy it then forward this email to your friends, including the person who sent this to you. Write these rules as a comment. Don't choose the book you like the most or think will make you look cool. Choose the CLOSEST book.

Example:
"As formulaic as a Haydn symphony, the children's bickering had moved into an adagio but Brunetti, in expectation of the allegro tempestoso that was sure to come, closed the door and sat on the sofa against the wall."

Wilful Behaviour by Donna Leon

message 2: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 248 comments My contribution:

"Hall's contemporary, well paced and spirited novels all reflect the landscape and society of inner-city 'Bradfield': "Dead on Arrival" (1999) charts changing attitudes towards race and gender and the social realities of ethnic mix and immigration (Bradford is an important centre for British Muslims), while prostitution and drugs lie at the heart of "Perils of the Night" (1997).

from "Scene of the Crime...A guide to the Landscapes of British Detective Fiction" by Julian Earwaker and Kathleen Becker.

message 3: by John (new)

John | 259 comments Mod
This looks like fun!

"If anybody came up to and asked 'Are you a tomahawking Indian? I'd say, sure, and tomahawk 'em!"

from Kingsblood Royal by Sinclair Lweis

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 248 comments John wrote: "This looks like fun!

"If anybody came up to and asked 'Are you a tomahawking Indian? I'd say, sure, and tomahawk 'em!"

from Kingsblood Royal by Sinclair Lweis"

Aren't you lucky you got a short sentence...mine was very complicated!

See you Saturday