We LoveFilm discussion

The Lounge > What's everyone been up to?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Davina, The Modster (last edited Feb 17, 2011 10:47AM) (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
So this space has been very quiet lately. I've just been swamped with work. My life revolves around meetings all day, negotiating deals. It's crazy. When I come home at 8pm in the evenings I just wanna collapse and not wake up for another 200 hundred years. Once again I just want to make clear: this group is not Davina's group. I don't have to be around (and I probably won't be a lot of times) for people to talk to each other. Of course I know the vast majority of our members are either lurkers or not active, but those of you who are :) (looking at you Sam & Michelle! :) get on with it! LOL

Anyway, all fun and jokes aside I know we've all been caught up with our own shit. Care to share? It's been a pleasure conversing with everyone. You guys will not know how relaxing it is to virtually "hang" with y'all on here. Looking forward to our MOM discussion! I haven't even seen the movie yet!:o

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Bad moddy!!! You haven't seen the movie? You know that February is virtually over. Lol. We were suppose to talk about it for two weeks.

As for me I've been working. Stressed out!!!!!

message 3: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Hey, you almost had me freaking out here! I was thinking oh shit did I break my own rules and miss the discussion?! Then I checked the MOM guidelines and nope the discussion is due to happen next weekend. So I have a whole week left to see the movie. I want to wait until just before the discussion to see it so that its fresh in my mind.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I have to check that b/c next weekend is basically the end of the month. We'll be in March. Am I wrong?

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments You're right. I'm bugging out. Good for me b/c I can re-watch the movie. Lol.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I'm in the process of moving further Upstate NY for a job. So my internet and reading time has been spent sleeping, or laying on the couch watching "B" horror and sci-fi movies.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Good luck with the move, Michelle.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Samantha wrote: "Good luck with the move, Michelle."

Thanks! Don't get me wrong, its pretty up this way, but after being born and raised here, I find I get bored very quickly. I have to find some theater's that play some older films so I don't spend all of time a the bookstore and visiting the city.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I love older films, Michelle.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Davina wrote: "So this space has been very quiet lately. I've just been swamped with work. My life revolves around meetings all day, negotiating deals. It's crazy. When I come home at 8pm in the evenings I just w..."

I was planning on getting our MOM from Netflix. I'm looking forward to discussing it too. I may buy it because I know I'm cutting it close to our discussion time.

message 11: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Hi Michelle, nice to see you! Good luck with the move. Where are you now? In the Bronx right? I hate moving -- I have so much crap in my house I wouldn't know where to start. It took about 2 years after I moved back to the States to have all our stuff shipped over from Europe.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Davina wrote: "Hi Michelle, nice to see you! Good luck with the move. Where are you now? In the Bronx right? I hate moving -- I have so much crap in my house I wouldn't know where to start. It took about 2 years ..."

Thanks. I was in the Bronx, but now I'm working in Albany. I hate moving too. I just moved in Nov, but my job situation didn't work out as planned. Thankfully, I wasn't fully unpacked since I've had to come further upstate.

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments That sounds like a pain.