What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED!: short story about a boy in a basement [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brad (new)

Brad | 4 comments I read this story in high school and have forgotten the author and the name.
It was about a little boy that was kept in a basement, who would "run up the walls," and "make yellow." The story was about perspective and how it can easily be skewed by your definition of words.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyclarkbooks) | 30 comments Could it be The Boy From the Basement?
For Charlie, the cold, dark basement is home. Father has kept him locked in there as punishment. Charlie doesn’t intend to leave, but when he is accidentally thrust outside, he awakens to the alien surroundings of a world to which he’s never before been exposed. Though haunted by hallucinations, fear of the basement, and his father’s rage, Charlie must find a way to survive in his new world. He has escaped his past, but his journey has just begun

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments Is it "Born of Man and Woman" by Richard Matheson?

message 4: by Brad (new)

Brad | 4 comments I know it isn't boy from the basemnt. Born of man and woman may be it. It's only a few pages, all first person narrative, from what you aren't sure is even a boy

message 5: by Brad (new)

Brad | 4 comments dawn, it was born of man and woman, thank you

message 6: by Brad (new)

Brad | 4 comments Yeah it's been a bit since I posted this andthought it hadbeenmoved