eReader Addicts discussion

Learning to e-read

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So. . . I just learned that when updating my progress here on goodreads I can only go by percentage rather than page number. I do not think I like this. Am I alone? I'm sure I will get use to it in time.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2011 06:08PM) (new)

I'm not really a fan of the percent thing on Kindle, either. I'm not good with percents, so I can hardly tell what page I'm on.

Kindle has a software update that allows people to use page numbers instead of percents. I'm not sure if it's out yet, though.

message 3: by Ami (last edited Dec 01, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Ami E. Bowen (skayda) | 8 comments I'm not a huge fan of percentages and I'm so very bad with math but this is what I figured out and hope it can help a bit:

Go to google and type in that percentage plus how many pages there are in your book and it'll give you the right page number you're currently on in regards to the percentage.

For instance: Say you're reading
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling . It has 310 pages and your reading app says you're 45% through it. Type this into Google:

45% of 310 =

And your current page number for 45% of the way through a 310 page book would be page 139.

So that's a way to tell what page you're on if you at least know what percentage of the book you've read.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my goodness! I heart you so much for this!
Thank you.

message 5: by Ami (new)

Ami E. Bowen (skayda) | 8 comments Welcome! I now look forward to figuring out how far along I am in a certain book. :)