when you first get here > introductions

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie Name: Megamarie
Language(s) you would like to learn: French, Korean, German and Russian
Language(s) you would like to teach: Filipino languages(tagalog), Japanese
Other: I love reading. Don't we all?

message 2: by Saira, :) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:57PM) (new)

Saira (herumouni) | 22 comments Mod
Name: Herumouni or Saira
Language(s) you would like to learn: ALL! XD
Language(s) you would like to teach: Japanese, Latin, Gaelic
Other: I love learning foreign languages and often times learn better while teaching what I already know. I am learning Japanese, Latin, Arabic and Gaelic in depth, trying to get into Italian and French and want to learn plenty more. So far, ones I don't want to learn much right now are Cantonese, Korean, German and Spanish. Either hurts my ears to listen, or it's just way to popular in the areas I've been in.

message 3: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie Hey you could help me with the japanese folder. Nihongo you see, is not my first language, it was taught at school.

message 4: by Saira, :) (new)

They usually sound pretty, or they're difficult. XD Japanese isn't my first either, unfortunately, but like I said, sometimes I learn better by teaching.

I will try to be up here often, but I have a couple of writing projects to get done, one by the end of next week and one by June or July, so it may be sporadic.

message 5: by Mia♫ (last edited Mar 10, 2011 06:28PM) (new)

Mia♫ Name: Mia
Languages I want to learn: Italian, the filipino dialect besayan (sp?), japanese a little, umm....i think that's it
Language you would like to teach (when older): Italian
Other: Umm....I like to just hang with friends and stuff! =)

message 6: by Mia♫ (new)

Mia♫ lol, who will teach Italian?

and just for safety reasons is all, my parents just tell me to do that.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey...I don't know how to speak any languages except English!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay...

message 9: by Mia♫ (new)

Mia♫ OH OH OH!!!!!!!!! I thought like that meant when I got older!!! oops

message 10: by Mia♫ (new)

Mia♫ lol, srry

message 11: by Mia♫ (new)

Mia♫ phew, so wats up?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: clarinet_friend13
LANGUAGES i WOULD LIKE TO LEARN: French, German, and Russian
I don't know any languages!!!!!
Other: I am obsessed with music!!!! I play several instruments!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

What instruments do ytou play????

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! I am more of a woodwind type person...I play the clarinet, hence the name, and the occarina...But I am currently learning how to play the oboe

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah! Music is the best!!!!! My teachers name is Mr.Tootle! Lol! BEST TEACHER EVER!!!!!! Hahaha

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah...funny name...Lol. Anyways...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah....

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, im not good at starting a conversation...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh....draw, paint...um, i dont do any sports, totally not athletic!!! Haha...Um, read...stuff like that. Im boring. You?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

((I g2g bye!))

message 22: by Saira, :) (new)

I play the orcarina by ear. I can play all the songs on Zelda if I hear them again. I also play some violin (but my mum broke mine and it's Chinese so no one will fix it XP) and some keyboard. A little guitar. I've always preferred stringed instruments.

I prefer languages over anything, though. XD

message 23: by Graciela (new)

Graciela | 1 comments Name:Graciela
Languages you would like to learn: Japanese,Russian, Italian, French, All of them!!!!!
Languages i would like to teach: Spanish and English
Other: im excited to be here!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

You need another Mod????

message 25: by Saira, :) (new)

I have a suggestion. You should separate the languages either by major language family (I'll give you the info for all that if you choose) or by the difficulty of the lessons. It will clean up the general message board so that you can use it for things like announcements and a random chat thread. ('Cause every group/guild needs one of those. Most of the language ones I am in have an entire folder/subforum just for random stuff!)

message 26: by Saira, :) (new)

And separate the Intros and suggestions into two threads. We may have to all reintroduce ourselves, but it'll make things neater.

message 27: by Saira, :) (new)

You can move topics to different folders by editing them. Only the mods and the creator are allowed to. I'll go look at my own group if you need any help with it. I'm still messing around with mine-a conlang group.

message 28: by Saira, :) (new)

Oh, I just noticed you made me a mod, so I can move them if you make the folders. When I have a chance, though. Baby and packing are making things difficult. XP

message 29: by Saira, :) (new)

Baby is more fussy and We're packing for a trip back home as well as packing to move back there. I can't always stay on-line as long as I'd like. Not to mention...I don't have a chair any more... o.O

message 30: by Saira, :) (new)

This should be renamed 'Introductions' and we add a suggestions thread. And don't forget a random thread or folder! ;D

I'll be gone for sure this weekend. (Most weekends actually, I'm trying to get away from too much computer.) This weekend the base is having an Air show, and with the threat level at Bravo, most civilian cars are going to be checked if not all. Bravo is second level, Alpha first, Delta worst. Only time it was Delta for years was 9/11. Basically, it'll be a long time getting back on, so we are spending the day out by way of Farmer's Market, Greek Festival and shopping. We'll all be worn out. Sunday is Mass and another Air show.

message 31: by Saira, :) (new)

Welcome Odessa.

message 32: by Saira, :) (new)

There's no need for a folder for this. You can make certain topics important so that they stay at the top of the folder. This can go either in the announcements folder or, more likely, the general folder.