Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

637 views
Hunger Games-Related Fun > You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 929 (929 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (snugshelf) You keep on reading the headlines about uprisings in Egypt as "Uprising in (District) Eight."

When you see the word "Pita" and you automatically think of Peeta.

When you see a bird you think of a Mockingjay.

You’re now saying OMGale, WTFinnick, and Shut the Peeta Bread Up.

You’ve actually spent time figuring out the district locations.

I think you guys get the idea. :) Post your obsessions beloww!


message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You join this group.

You comment on this discussion.

You consider doing your "What Animal Am I Like?" school project on a Mockingjay.

You put anything HG-related in your name.

You know who might be playing Katniss, Gale or Peeta in the movie.

You can't pick your favorite book.

You cried when Rue died.

You can quote any, usually all, of the books.

You tell non-readers why this should be the first book they finish in a year and a half.


message 3: by Melissa (last edited Feb 18, 2011 11:29AM) (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You look for where the names came from.

You go to a book signing.

You have any HG memoribilia.

You can relate it to real life.

You compare other books' themes/characters to it. (For a really good example, read Graceling by Kristin Cashore. You'll see the similarities. Katsa, the strong one+Po, the sweet one, for one example...)


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

you look for ppl to play the ppl in the movie. (and I've done like all of the above so Im obsessed cause there soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD


message 5: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
The first thing you notice about someone is how much they look like [insert character name here].

You cast the movie for yourself and hate it when others say different.

You decided to take up archery.

When you get a cat, you name it Buttercup.

You plead your parents to get you a goat for your birthday,


message 6: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (last edited Feb 16, 2011 07:55PM) (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
@Jia: "You decided to take up archery." Them bunny rabbits goin DOWN.

You see billboards advertising 'Vote Me, District 11' and are immediately reminded of the Hunger Games.

You went to see District 9 just because of the title.

You always misread To Kill a Mockingbird as To Kill a Mockingjay.

You cannot take the word 'finicky' seriously.

When you see bread you try to categorize what District it came from.

You persuaded multiple people to read the books.


message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You actually screamed when Katniss kissed the wrong guy.

You think that there is a wrong guy.

You care that there's a wrong guy.

You can debate who the wrong guy is.

You accidentally call "Peter", "Peeta".

You understand these.

You made a fan version of Rue's Lullaby.

You made a fan version of The Hanging Tree.

You listened to a fan version of a song.

You have a favorite fan version.

You can draw a mockingjay.


message 8: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
You dress up as a character for Halloween.

You make your mother drive around town for 3 hours to find a play bow and arrow for said costume.

You make an entire lunchtime conversation about which guy was better.

When people say "Which planet is Lady Gaga from?", you say "The Capitol".

You have the Hunger Games board game.

You wear your hair in a braid everyday.

You plan all your outfits according to Katniss' outfits in the books.

You force yourself to like lamb stew because Katniss likes it.

You watch all the cake decor/baker shows because that's what Peeta would watch.

Whenever you hear the word "glimmer" you think THG.

You realise that saying "Peter" in a British accent sounds like "Peeta".

When spell check says Peeta or Katniss are not real words you add them to the dictionary.

You start a THG club.

You hate roses just cause Snow likes them.

You flip out when you meet someone that looks like one of the characters.

You get grey contacts.

You hate it when people bash the books.

You hate when people read the books because you are over protective because you are weird like that.

You use quotes from THG as advice for other people.

You have started compiling songs for the THG soundtrack.

You have casted yourself in the movie.

You have casted yourself as the casting director so you can get the right characters.

You will bring things to chuck at the movie screen if the movie doesn't turn out right.

You thing that new movie that's coming out "The Killing Games" is a cheap rip-off of THG.

You think "The Girl in the Arena" is a rip-off of THG.


message 9: by Melissa (last edited Feb 18, 2011 12:21PM) (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You will pay $40 to get a VIP seat to the premiere of THG.

***New swear words***
D District

S Snow

F Finnick

H Haymitch

A Abernathy

C Capitol


message 10: by Anika (new)

Anika | 329 comments Melissa wrote: "You actually screamed when Katniss kissed the wrong guy.

You think that there is a wrong guy.

You care that there's a wrong guy.

You can debate who the wrong guy is.

You accidentally ca..."


I have a friend named Peter and one time I did call him Peeta by accident lol :)


message 11: by Anika (new)

Anika | 329 comments Jia wrote: "You dress up as a character for Halloween.

You make your mother drive around town for 3 hours to find a play bow and arrow for said costume.

You make an entire lunchtime conversation about which ..."


I do some of these things that you listed lol :)


message 12: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
Same. xD

Yeah, so for Halloween I dressed up as Katniss because I still had my long hair. So I braided it and and wore the stuff they wore in the first book. It was for a Halloween event that our community does and one of my friends was just like "Hi Catnip.". Mission accomplished. :D

And at lunch once, I was sitting at a table with basically all guys. I made them debate about Peeta and Gale. It was really funny.

And continue with the list.

You fear of Botox because you don't wanna look like Snow.

When your parents say you have to go to school, you retaliate with "Katniss doesn't have to go to school!"

You want to work in a coal mine.

You debate with your science teacher that mockingjays are real animals.

When you hear the name Gale, you flip out.

When you see the word cinnamon, you think of Cinna.

You want to do the time warp to go to the future and visit Panem.


message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (snugshelf) Jia wrote: "You dress up as a character for Halloween.

You make your mother drive around town for 3 hours to find a play bow and arrow for said costume.

You make an entire lunchtime conversation about which ..."


ahahah Lady Gaga is SO from the Capitol, I don't know why I didn't realize that before. & I've been wearing my hair in a braid so much more since I read those books too! :)


message 14: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
I've been wearing it more recently in a braid. In all my little kid pictures, I would be in braids.

You have perfected the Capitol accent.

You dyed you hair to match Effie's.

- Though I wouldn't. And I can't. ;)

Go into a hissy fit when people say Twilight is better than THG.

You made a mockingjay pin.

You want to light your hair on fire.

You want sugar cubes, and you would rather like them being served to you by Finnick in his net getup.

- Though I would find that creepy, some people might find that normal. xD

You get way too big shirts and tie the excess back so you can have a duck tail.

You want a watch like Plutarch's, and you want it now.

You bake and bake and bake until your house burns down.

On Food Network when they say make a roux, you misinterpret that as Rue.

You hate snow because of Snow.


message 15: by Malka (new)

Malka (malkaeshan) I actually do some of that!!!
Hmm....I like the swear words idea.... XD

Now for the list:

Not a day will go by without you making SOME sort of reference to the THG.


You have tried making your own metal Mockingjay pin.

You (and your best friend who has also read THG because you got them to and they, too, got addicted, and also b/c as your best friend they WOULD read THG) have actually spent hours online looking at Mockingjay pins and wishing you were 18+ so you could order them.

You have your own bird pins and have declared them your "Mockingjay pins" (I have 3)

You want bread with a Mockingjay stamped on it.

You will sometimes determine if you like a person depending on if they have read the THG series and liked it.

Whenever you see the word "Uprising" or "rebellion" you think immediately of THG.

You start having dreams about THG.

You've bought a Hunger Games T-Shirt. Or want one very,very badly.

You've talked about this book so much you've convinced some of your friends to read it. And the school librarian.

Your notebooks are full of THG doodles.

You know what District you're from.

You can't go to sleep because you're thinking about THG.

You're having a normal conversation with someone, and THG always winds up in it.

You are TOTALLY OBSESSED, AND PROUD OF IT!!

You accidentally call people Peeta, Katniss, or Gale, based on appearances

You wear fingerless gloves.

You pretend to yourself fingerless gloves were invented after THG.

You so want to learn archery.

You wish Peeta and Gale and Katniss and Rue and Prim and all the other characters you love were real.

You actually look up the hunger games on youtube/google/wikipedia/or anything else

You actually complete the unfinished sentence: You know when your obsessed with the hunger games when...

You finish reading THG or CF in less than a week put together. (I finished them in less than a day each...)

Your mom/siblings tell you you're obsessed.

You've decided not to wear make-up or anything, 'cause Katniss doesn't like it. Got this from elsewhere- I don't wear makeup. I detest it too.)

Someone reads The Hunger Games and says its a bad book, you hate them for life.

You are reading these lists of things that you do when your obsessed.

Your desktop picture on your computer is something related to THG. (Mine is the mockingjay pin).

You counted down till Mockingjay is released, and tell everyone around you, when no one else really cares.

You have read the book 5+ times

You have already made plans to see the movie

You spend hours watching trailors and fan made casts

You have memorized the whole book.

You see a situation and liken it to the THG some how.

You think of your worst enemy and President Snow pops into your head.

You've already decided if you were in the Hunger Games, what your strategy would be.

When you see a round clock you think of CF or Wiress.

You're proud that you look similar to that of Katniss's discription: (brown eyes, olive skin, black/brown hair that's long and you keep in a braid...I actually do!)


message 16: by Malka (last edited Feb 19, 2011 09:52PM) (new)

Malka (malkaeshan) You stay up until past midnight, adding to the list for "You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games series when.."


message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (snugshelf) I've been seeing ads on facebook for a Hunger Games bracelet, and I want one SO badly. It look gorgeous. & I also have hissy fits when people say Twilight is better than THG. Uh, in WHAT WORLD??! Anyway, all of these are awesome guyss :)


message 18: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when you can say what pages the hooks on the backs of the books came from.


message 19: by Tauti3ra (new)

Tauti3ra (tiktokgrlboom) | 1 comments You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when...you stay up until 3 in the morning reading each book.
You want to find a guy like Gale and Peeta.
You nicknamed your cat Katniss.
You buy a shirt that says "Destroy the Capitol!"
And you freak out on people when they say they havent read it.


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I do like 97% of these its really sad cause me and my BFF every time we see eachother we always end up on the Hunger Games lol I only have a few things so...

You scream when someone says that THG are anything like the twilight.

Every time you see a goat or cat you think of Rue's goat Lady? I think thats the name. And Buttercup

You spend hours looking up pictures for a really cool picture for Facebook ro Goodreads.

When you see a girl with a braid you start wandering if its Katniss (I've never done this one lol)

Every time you watch Narnia and see Peter you think of Peeta holding Katniss *sigh*

You bust out laughing when ever you think of Finnick in his net thingy

You say to your friends do you want a sugar cube? and Do you find me...Distracting? and pose :)

and when you pretend your Katniss when your outside climbing a tree.


message 21: by Shay (new)

Shay not Rue's goat, PRIM's goat


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

(I have no clue what I was thinking :P Im not all here right now Im tired I ment Prims goat SORRY!!)


message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You don't think that the people adding to this list are weird...

You make up alternate endings for Mockingjay.

You refuse to read fanfiction lest it be like Twilight's and ruins it for you.


message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments You threaten your friends until they read the books.


message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You buy extra books, put them in your friends' bookbags, then threaten them.


message 26: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
You've lent out your copies of the books to everybody but secretly want no one else to read them.


message 27: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
Laura- I know, because sometimes I just want to keep it my thing. And when others screw it up, by saying "I want Justin Bieber to play Peeta!". I die on the inside.


message 28: by Shay (new)

Shay Jia wrote: "Laura- I know, because sometimes I just want to keep it my thing. And when others screw it up, by saying "I want Justin Bieber to play Peeta!". I die on the inside."
AGREED!!!!!!!!!


message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments Did anyone else laugh at the Justin Bieber/Ozzy Osbourne commercial?


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I did Im like your such a nord!!!


message 31: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
Nerd. ;)


message 32: by Anika (new)

Anika | 329 comments Jia wrote: "Laura- I know, because sometimes I just want to keep it my thing. And when others screw it up, by saying "I want Justin Bieber to play Peeta!". I die on the inside."

Same here. I was always telling my friends how awesome the book is and now two of them went to buy it and there saying its so awesome and now its not just my thing anymore.... it makes me sad :(


message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Jia wrote "Nerd ;)" well I call it a nord cause its a mixed between a nerd and a dork it really was a a random thing :) lol


message 34: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments Nord...I like it... :)
(Enrique moment!)


message 35: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
Ahhhhh... I see. *facepalm*


message 36: by Melissa (last edited Feb 22, 2011 06:07PM) (new)

Melissa | 50 comments LOL (on topic)
YOU CAN TURN ANY SITUATION INTO A HUNGER GAMES MOMENT!
ie, your compooper shuts down and you yell at Beetee.

You see a wasp and scream "TRACKER JACKER ATTACK!!!"

You decide to learn about healing plants so you can be the sister Katniss *spoiler* lost.


message 37: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
PRIM. SO SAD. ;_____;

You crumbled cinnamon and dill together to see what Peeta really smells like.

(I'm seriously going to, just as soon as my mother buys dill. I want to know if it smells like a bakery or like crap because Collins decided to put two random smells together. Not because I want to put it on my pillow and fall asleep thinking Peeta is sitting next to me because THAT IS FREAKY. Eugh. O.e)


message 38: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
You read THG fanfiction.

You hate badly written fanfiction, and you would like to put an arrow through their necks.

You write your own THG fanfiction.

You make your own propos.

You cried during the span of the series.

(Though I didn't, my friends called me heartless. :()

You and your friend ( Who is a total Madge. Piano playing quiet girl who likes dresses and strawberries. ) make your own THG play and cast people who you know who strangely resemble the characters.

You make your teachers read THG.

You label your friends as characters. (See above)

You wish you had a Cinna app.

You dye your cat's fur to look like Buttercup's.

When you want to freak someone out, you mysteriously put a white rose in their room.

You run around trying to put gold eyeliner on people.

You want to make cheese.

You got o the store and ask if they will take a squirrel for a carton of strawberries.

You have a "Team Peeta" or "Gale FTW" shirt.

You make an apron that says "Peeta Bread".

You are also proud that you look Katnissy too. *High-5 fantasyGirl2*

You intentionally fail at flower-arranging, flute-playing, piano-playing, and cooking to be like Katniss.


message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (snugshelf) Ahhh, I need to do the cinnamon and dill thing! There should be a Hunger Games Peeta cologne or something. I'd buy it for my boyfriend. :) ya know, if I had one.

I actually have gold eyeliner, but people looked at me weird when I wore it. Non Hunger Games freaks... mumble mumble.


message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (snugshelf) -Upon purchasing the book, you simply stared at it for a while and smiled, savoring the fact that you finally had it.

-You couldn't stare at it for that long, though, because you just had to read it and see if any of your many theories were right.

-Whenever any of your theories was proven right, you pointed at the book and shouted "I KNEW IT!" even if you were still in the bookstore.

Yeahhh, I did these ^

-On a hike/camping trip/outdoor excursion, you find yourself thinking about what wherever you are would be like as an arena.

-Reality TV creeps you out. Especially survival-type stuff (MAN VS. WILD…)

-You've thought about learning archery, just in case.

-The first time you saw a poster for the movie "District 9", you ran over thinking it was going to have something to do with THG. (But nope. It's about aliens. And they're not even in Panem.)

-You see something mentioning "District 11" (of something completely unrelated to THG) and your first thought is "FARMING! RUE! THRESH! HUNGER GAMES!"


message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Herondale (shadowhunter1983) | 13 comments When you want to read the books over again.


message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY REFUSE to read ANY fanfiction just in case it completely ruins the series for you.


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth wrote?"When you want to read the books over again." yeah I did that almost I had to stop my self see I was looking at the Mountain Air song then I was you know reading it and then I saw the next word after the song then I went back read where Rue you know then I kept reading and I was like NO! I cant do it!! yeah it was nuts :) anywho. LIst.

- when you go to a store and see a orange backpack and buy it to look like Katniss.


message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments When you go to the store and see an orange backpack and buy all of them and BURN THEM because they are a symbol of the Capitol's tyranny.
Or because you don't think anyone could top Katniss.


message 45: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
You have friends who actually get your THG refs. :D


message 46: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 50 comments You have friends who only get your THG refs because even though you wouldn't let them read the books (you knew they'd hate them and you can't stand it when people aren't obsessed with them) you make so many refs that by now they're used to it. :)


message 47: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) When you see a street named Gale Ave.


message 48: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
ZOMG THERE IS A STREET???

You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when you react like that.

You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when you can find the city of Nogales faster than your own. (Not that I have anything against Gale. ;))


message 49: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
When you eat pita bread, you feel like you're killing Peeta on the inside.


message 50: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) Laura wrote: "ZOMG THERE IS A STREET???

You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when you react like that.

You know you're obsessed with the Hunger Games when you can find the city of Nogales faster than..."


Yeah XD It's a big street so I see it a lot and react a lot.


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
back to top