message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Why?

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Huh?

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) What?

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2011 05:25PM) (new)

Because it took me a while to find the sign out. Previously it was positioned to allow a single click of an icon.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) They did?

message 8: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Yuk. I feel like a cat whose waterbowl has been moved six inches to one side. I'll just be on the back of the sofa, dying quietly but dramatically of dehydration.

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Holy shit!

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Seriously.

message 11: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Myles wrote: "For it to be 'a Facebook' there needs to be smug, self-congratulatory announcement where we're supposed to fall all over ourselves thanking them for their swell improvements."

I know that's the truth.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I like when things change.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

::Waves wand turns monkey into a chimp::

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Lucky she didn't make you a chump Larry!

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't like it. i fear change

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jim wrote: "Lucky she didn't make you a chump Larry!"

I did it was my accent that confused you.

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Then accent away Gail :-)

message 18: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Jammies wrote: "Yuk. I feel like a cat whose waterbowl has been moved six inches to one side. I'll just be on the back of the sofa, dying quietly but dramatically of dehydration."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments (I like it!)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Jim this is a guide to help with your New Zealand accent.

[image error]

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Thanks Gail - yuppie!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

You are a fast learner Jum. :)

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Well you helped me through my hulls and volleys.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

What this all means of course is -- if I call Larry a chump in my New Zillund accent, he is really a monkey without a tail.

*back peddling quickly to try and preserve my nice girl image*

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24321 comments Mod
I don't know how I feel about it yet. But I do like the "random" feature under "Explore." You can tell it really is random because you get things like Bacterial Circadian Programs. "Since the discovery of circadian rhythms in cyanobacteria in the late 1980s, the field has exploded with new information...."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahaha. I clicked on the Random feature. It came up with 'Principles of Grammar'. I think it's trying to tell me something.

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "What this all means of course is -- if I call Larry a chump in my New Zillund accent, he is really a monkey without a tail.

*back peddling quickly to try and preserve my nice girl image*"

Oh, your nice girl image is safe for now.

message 28: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Jammies wrote: "Yuk. I feel like a cat whose waterbowl has been moved six inches to one side. I'll just be on the back of the sofa, dying quietly but dramatically of dehydration."

*sprays coffee all over keyboard*

message 29: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments first thing i see when i get to goodreads: new taskbar. ugly! (and jammies said it best) when i used the random feature i got die schönsten tiergeschichten, a book nobody has read yet.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i think we need to make a group protest to GR's

message 31: by Jaye (last edited Feb 17, 2011 05:16AM) (new)

Jaye  | 131 comments My 1st 2 were in Italian.
There is this thread which includes a closed portion:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

I don't like that the right hand side goes right off the page so you have to adjust things. And the inbox isn't on top.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Tungusische Lehnworter des Ostjakischen (Veroffentlichungen der Societas Uralo-Altaica)
by Istvan Futaky

message 33: by Jaye (last edited Feb 17, 2011 05:39AM) (new)

Jaye  | 131 comments Random is random, in any language.

message 34: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments willekeurig

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Etymology
willekeur +‎ -ig

Adjective
willekeurig (comparative willekeuriger, superlative willekeurigst)

arbitrary
random

message 36: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 202 comments The miserable child and her father in the desert
by Dinah Brooke

huh?

message 37: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Jaye wrote: "Random is random, in any language."

wow, never thought about it that way

message 38: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I didn't even notice.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Jammies wrote: "Yuk. I feel like a cat whose waterbowl has been moved six inches to one side. I'll just be on the back of the sofa, dying quietly but dramatically of dehydration."

Hahahahaa! Perfect!

message 40: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments Task bar? I'm supposed to be looking at the interface? I just go straight to TC and don't bother with the rest of it (except to mess with my shelves).

Take it to the Feedback thread.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I like it. The old one didn't include a whole bunch of the features that are now easy to navigate. Before you had to go through three different menus to get to the giveaways, for example.

message 42: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments it is easier to navigate, i just don't like the way it looks.

message 43: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24321 comments Mod
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the look either. However, I am in favor of the new favicon.

message 44: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Me too! I love that brown lowercase g. (And I just learned a new word!)

message 45: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments makes me think of chocolate.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments kinda looks like a person with a snorkel

message 47: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Phil wrote: "Task bar? I'm supposed to be looking at the interface? I just go straight to TC and don't bother with the rest of it (except to mess with my shelves).

Take it to the Feedback thread."

Even if you come straight here, the task bar is on top of every page you read at TC!

*goes back to dying on the sofa*

message 48: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments Jammies wrote: "Even if you come straight here, the task bar is on top of every page you read at TC!"

I don't look at the top. I go straight to "Discussions" then "Unread." You guys are my social circle. The rest is irrelevant.

message 49: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Phil wrote: "Jammies wrote: "Even if you come straight here, the task bar is on top of every page you read at TC!"

I don't look at the top. I go straight to "Discussions" then "Unread." You guys are my social circle. The rest is irrelevant."

*too weak to respond*

message 50: by Joe (new)

Joe (attometer) The random selection took me a couple of tries to come up with something recognizable as a readable book but eventually got here.

Malt Whisky Almanac: A Taster's Guide

I'm satisfied with that.

« previous 1