Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Hamilton, Laurell K. - Status check for this buddy series read

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Okay so track your progress here so I can tell if I should speed up or slow down my reading. I've been alternating between books and wonder if I should make every other book one from this series.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm on Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #5), but will have to take a short break when I'm done. I really need to read: Stray, My Soul to Take, Covet, Slave to Sensation and Seven Nights to Forever.

message 3: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments I'm on Lunatic Cafe.

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments My next book will be Bloody Bones but I haven't started it yet.

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid  (initch) I'm on Burnt Offerings but will be taking a short break as I have some ARCs to review.

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I will be needing to take a break from series because Iron King and Matched are both due back to library in a couple of days.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm on a break. The weather here is in the 70s, so I'm clearing out my office in prep for painting (want the windows open for fume escapage). I've finished all books that I need to take back to the library on Monday, so here's hoping my procrastination doesn't kick in and I get the office done by Sunday. Everyone loan me your willpower!! :)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Willpower loaned, but please return on Sunday by 1PM. :)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Starting The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton . I think I'm going to take a break from BOMs until April.

message 10: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I read the Killing Dance already. I'm hoping to start the next one by this weekend.

message 11: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments I got kind of burned out on the series reading them one after another, but I do plan to continue. I'm on Bloody Bones.

message 12: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid  (initch) ok so I kinda of jumped way ahead somehow....I'm on Skin Trade currently. I think I have a problem. I was on a break reading some ARCs and then I picked up Blue Moon ...and the next thing I know I'm on Skin Trade. I've been making notes as I go but won't post them yet.

message 13: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 18, 2011 05:23PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I'll be starting Burnt Offerings soon.

Ingrid, You're making me laugh. If I hadn't had a bunch of books that needed to go back to the library, a goodread first read book, and an ARC an author was nice enough to let me read, I'd be right there with you. I think you have a book series addiction. Book series are
one of my favorite types of addiction.:)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm seriously thinking of blowing off the BOMs. I still have a few from Feb and all of March in 3 groups yet to read and I KNOW that as soon as I pick up The Killing Dance and crack it open, that will be all she wrote until I hit Bullet. LOL I'm about halfway thru The Shelters of Stone, so I really want to finish it first before I actually open TKD. :)

message 15: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments In order to catch up on my TBR pile, I need no new good books to be published for the next 5 years. I'm behind on this series and I'm still on Plains of Passage. I completely forgot about that series for the past week.

message 16: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I still need to get through The Mammoth Hunters. The darn love triangle is really taking to long to resolve and making me put off reading it.

message 17: by Ingrid (last edited Mar 21, 2011 06:44AM) (new)

Ingrid  (initch) well I do think I'm totally addicted to series. Especially series built around a main character rather than those built around a group like Midnight Breed or BDB series. Anyway I finished Bullet yesterday so I'm done until Hit List comes out. Sorry I couldn't wait....It was like crack for me...[sigh] I'm going to rehab now. I'll check back with you guys before I start posting my thoughts for Killing Dance and so on.

message 18: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Apr 01, 2011 05:06AM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I finished Obsidian Butterfly and I'm taking a short break. I have some things to get done around the house before I can indulge more and OB makes a good stopping point. From here on out it gets complicated and more interesting.

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I hope to start Blue Moon soon. I have to check and see first what's due back at the library. I also just got the latest BDB book, so I may end up going for that first.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm still on a break. Waiting until a little closer to Hit List date before reading from NiC onward in a continuous binge.

message 21: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I will start Obsidian Butterfly, but not yet.

message 22: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I plan to start Obsidian Butterfly on Sunday and make ever other book I read from then on one of Hamiton's. Hopefully I'll like it when she switches from Urban Fantasy to Paranormal Romance.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I actually started reading Narcissus in Chains, but got distracted by 3 books in my Monday library pick up...Iron Kissed, Vamps and the City and Magic Study.

message 24: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments May need to check out vamps and the city. I haven't read that one.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments It's the 2nd book in the Kerrelyn Sparks series Love at Stake. The first one had me crackin' up (my husband kept shaking his head at my LOL moments), this one's not as funny as the 1st but it's still entertaining. My kind of humor. :) I'm trying to clear out the pressing library books so I can binge on Anita. Wait...that doesn't sound right. LOL

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Ok, I've been taking notes during my re-read and it's taking too long. Soooo...I'm going to read one after the other until I'm done with Hit List then I'll go back and make my notes.

message 27: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid  (initch) OMG I can't wait to read your thoughts on Hit List. I am a little concerned and somewhat upset.

message 28: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Can I read Hit List without reading the other books in between Obsidian Butterfly and Hit List? Would I be lost?

message 29: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Jun 15, 2011 06:09AM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Oh, boy would you be lost, Lisarenee. So much stuff happens in the books leading up to it. I haven't read Hit List yet because I'm trying to finish my re-read, but I can't imagine reading it without knowing all the characters. I know Edward is in it, but there are other characters also who were added in the other books, plus powers she's gaining.

I've finished Incubus Dreams, Micah and Danse Macabre and I'm starting The Harlequin. I just need to post my thoughts.

I'm actually thinking of reading it anyway before finishing my re-read then re-reading it after I finish Bullet. lol