Love Inspired Books discussion

Character Interviews > Heroine Interview from The Blackmailed Bride by Mandy Goff

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
The Blackmailed Bride by Mandy Goff

uary 15th, 2011, 1:07pm Add new comment

How exciting to have LADY OLIVIA FAIRFAX, the heroine from THE BLACKMAILED BRIDE, a February release from Love Inspired Historical with us today.

1. Tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’ve got a secret passion (and actually quite a flair) for matchmaking. When I was ten, I helped one of our grooms find love with one of our maids. They’re still happily married with three kids. But I need someone here in London to exercise my talent on. I’m thinking Marcus needs to settle down…

2. What do you do for fun?

When we’re at our country estate, I ride. I find there are few things more exhilarating than flying through the countryside. My mother used to say it made me look positively barbaric, but if she had her way I would have done nothing but embroider and play the pianoforte (which I play very badly). But when I’m stuck in London, there’s not much for me to do but read…and try to hide when the gossips come calling.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Going to social events. Until I met Nick, there were few things I hated more…although I still don’t particularly enjoy them. The music’s lovely, of course, and I don’t mind dressing up. It’s more the fact that people are watching everything you do that is disconcerting. One time, at the Herring (yes, like the fish) ball, I sneezed…and at least seventy people said “bless you.”

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Losing people I love. After my father got sick and passed away, and my mother…well…it’s hard for me. It’s something I’ve had to give to God, and while I still worry from time to time, I’ve found peace after all the tragedy.

5. What do you want out of life?

To live a peaceful, God-centered, abundant life. I want to wake up every morning, enthusiastic about the day God has given me and the chance to spend it with my family and friends.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

To make sure I live the way God wants me to. For so long, I lived on my own decisions and wisdom. Well, that never got me very far. And I’m finding that as long as I’m obedient, I don’t create unnecessary problems for myself or others.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I LOVE to read. I read Shakespeare, who is my favorite playwright. I might have also been known to read the occasional Mrs. Radcliffe novel.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would change my need to try and fix everything. Too often, and especially in the past, I thought I had to take responsibility for things that were outside of my control. I have to admit that most times my attempts to “fix” situations only make them worse.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets. Although my brother had some hunting dogs back at Westin Park, if that counts.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d probably go back to Elizabethan England. It would be interesting to visit a time when such a powerful woman ruled the country. Some of the men of my acquaintance don’t think a woman should read, express her opinion, or think for herself. If I traveled back then, I might also get a chance to meet Shakespeare!

Follow Love Inspired books on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LoveInspiredBks

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Love the cover of this book! I just bought it the other day! Can't wait to read it. :D

message 3: by Love Inspired (new)

It's gorgeous, isn't it? I want that dress!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Love Inspired wrote: "It's gorgeous, isn't it? I want that dress!"

Me too! It has to be one of my favorite covers.

message 5: by Love Inspired (new)

I finally got to read this Wednesday night and I really enjoyed it! I so love a good Regency. And I loved how the vicar actually played a role in the book. In so many Regencies, it seems like the vicar is nothing more then window dressing.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments I am a third of the way through! I finally have time to actually finish it this weekend!