Problems with Life/Emos and Goths discussion

Problems > SUICIDE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 444 (444 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments so, I dont know, this idea came to my mind and i just cant ignore it. ill try to wait for a few days, but what if i dont change my mind? after all this is serious, its a life or death situation. a few pills is all it takes, so easy and desirable. the pain...puf, gone.
i wrote a letter to the Samaritans. I hope they reply before its too late.

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

message 2: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I know, it's horrible but I have had 'thoughts' many times.

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments KB (Beautiful Existence) wrote: "I know, it's horrible but I have had 'thoughts' many times."

SO HAVE I :(

message 4: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I know different ways to do it that could work with what I have and I've thought it through and everything.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have too. Some times I can't take the hurt & just wants to end it all...

message 6: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments Same. Right now I really want pills. :'(

message 7: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments You know what sucks? The persson I usually talk to about this is now the reason and they would know so now I can't.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like talking to people about my feelings. I don't trust them that much...

message 9: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I trust this person they're my BEST friend

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Okay then. When I used to talk to my closest friend, she gossiped about it to other people.

message 11: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I told them. Not that it was because of them but I told them.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments i talk to my books and you should finde smthingto distract... like i found basketball and track and choir... i just keep as bussy as posible...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats why i took up on drawing & art. They distract me :). I get to express myself.

message 14: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I took up all forms of art.

message 15: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments thats amazing guys!taking up sports and arts! :D

but for people who still are thinking bout killing themselves, well just go though why you decided on making that decision in the first place! suicide, no, it is NOT the answer, sure, you will die, but you are just hurting everyone around you, even if you think they dont care, they do!! and if you believe in Heaven and Hell then the result of suicide wont be pretty!

message 16: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments Ive contacted with the samataritans. look at this:

message 17: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments me:

hi, im just 13. but i dont think there is an age to this... is there?
For days i have been thinking how and when to do it, and right now i have the pills with me.
though i want someone who understands opinion before i do something that will change the lives of my loved ones.

So, my parents are devorced since i was 6. they both hate...well dont like each other, and i feel like the production of a mistake. they dont love each other, so why am i here as something that belongs to both of them? both are married now to new people. i had a hard time adapting to this new woman and man in my life, they think different, act different and when i am with them, i feel as if im betraying my other parent. though i am happy now that my mom is not that 'depressed single mom' anymore, i just hate the idea im sharing her with someone she loves as much as me, with someone she would prefer to spend her holiday with...alone. my dad lives in the US, as my mom lives across the ocean. I spend my summer with my dad and dont see him on the other seasons, he is alone with his wife for 10 months. I had to lie about things to my mom more than once. we have been (me and my bro) their ragdolls and all though love them and they love me, i cant take this complex anymore.

something else that bothers me alot is the highschool aplication exams. I can hear you saying its only highschool, but no, i have to answer all 100 questions correct to get in this highschool so i can keep a family tradition. I study like a pig, and its too late to give up and say 'I wanna stay in the school im in' once your in it your in it. this is in my country so the system isnt the same as the US. this school is the only school that gets me into a good college, and if i dont get in, noone will think me as the genious they use to think. im like 'you know i may not get in' but they say 'ofcourse you will'. you know, im not even supposed to make one mistake, but i did 5 on the privious one. that wont even get me into my PLAN B school! i hate how the goverment take us as animals, but i hate it even more that my family thinks i must be the best.

I also feel trapped. my mom is over protective, and i just am not allowed to be like the rest of my friends. im supposed to be a good girl.perfect and sincere at all times.and i hate that she thinks im ok with it, cause im not! I want to be a real 13 year old, be treated that way. be like my friends... why cant i just see life from their eyes? to them its fun. live laugh love. but im lame, a loser, a geek. im an outsider, i am emo, i cut myself, and in my country they see me like a vampire for it. but i dont want to be so normal as them... so do i want to be them or myself? i dont know.

so, i just need help, a second chance. a person who has reasons to tell me no. please be quick, or it may be too late. btw, im not doing this for attention. i never told anyone about my decision. and ill never go to a pscologist or what ever theyre called cause i dont want meds. they never cure, they only put a mask on.

message 18: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments them:

Hi

It is really good that you found the strength to contact us.
Being able to express and explore emotions and feelings can
sometimes lead to a different and less daunting outlook.

From what you say there are many things in your life which
distress you and it is no wonder you are seeking some relief
from them and the trap you feel you are in.You have explained
the situation and issues you live with really well and it is
easy to see why you feel overwhelmed by everything. Have you
ever tried to explain these feelings to your parents?

You are concerned for your loved one's, which suggests you
are a caring and thoughtful person. Also,from what you
say,you are someone who really wants to get on in life,though
perhaps not always in the paths your parents set for you.
What would you really like to see for yourself in the future?

When you say that you have the pills with you are you really
intending to not be here any more or do you just want the
difficulties in your life to disappear?

We understand that you are not doing this for effect but
we cannot give you advice or our opinion on your situation as
that isn't our policy. What we can give you is emotional
support while you are so distressed.

message 19: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments you have been to hell? how and when?

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments LUCAS(poet) wrote: "i have thoughts of suicide all the time too. and honestly its not worth it. call me crazy but i have been to hell and it sucks. the people screaming begging for help. nothing that i can to do help...."

yikes

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments LUCAS(poet) wrote: "i have thoughts of suicide all the time too. and honestly its not worth it. call me crazy but i have been to hell and it sucks. the people screaming begging for help. nothing that i can to do help...."

yikes

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I have thoughts too....but I made a promise....one I hope not to break...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

OK... i would NEVER COMITT SUICIDE!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sure under the right surcumstances you might....if things get bad enough...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I FRIKIN LOVE SALAD FINGERS BUT HATE IT AND IT SCARES TEH CRAP OUT OF ME!! seriously, i really jizzed my pants even though im a girl.... i love it it is so sad and creepy and funny....

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Heres my theory....salad fingers was a great spy during the great war one and carried out many missions his last was supposed to be to france but during it he saw things and developed a sever case of schizophrenia his country sent him home to recover were he saw his little brother on shore leave the government hoping for him to go back put him in a deserted area during which the nuclear bombs went off were he hid in his safety cupboard now after surviving he is trying to live in this cruelfuture

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah..... i think it is post-apocalyptic

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments my thoughts got so bad that i wrote a note ..but never attempted it yet :(

message 29: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments Salad fingers?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon wrote: "my thoughts got so bad that i wrote a note ..but never attempted it yet :("

NO SUICIDE!!! srysly we couldnt live without u!!!

message 31: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments I will not believe God would send you somewhere horrible for escaping somewhere horrible.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

god sent u here to tell others about him and worship him.

message 33: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments God sent us on earth with our own reason, for some of us it may be to die to raise awarness. Like wearing purple to raise awarness for gay suicide is more for bullying against gays and we would never be able to do that unless some people died.

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2011 03:51PM) (new)

No, you cannot go on thinking like that. Listen to me, there's so much more to everything you guys just discussed. This might take a while, so bear with me...

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." Harming yourself with intention of death is a great dishonor to God. And besides, the way I see it, suicide is murder. You kill (yourself), and you have no time to repent, ask for forgiveness, or do anything to make up for that.

And the whole "die to raise awareness" facade - it's total crap in my opinion. Look at all of the suicides over the years - for being bullied, mostly - and look what schools and other places are doing about it. Wear purple for one day a year? What good does that do for anyone? Other than that, they're doing nothing, and will continue to do nothing. You'd just become a statistic. Another number in the books. That's it. You could do so much more with life than you could ever do in death.

Take time to speak about your troubles with others; your friends, your neighbors, your parents, strangers on the streets - anyone who will listen. Even if has no noticeable effect, I guarantee it'll have a more of an impact than your death ever could - with the exception of the pain everyone who ever knew you would feel. It's important not to forget the ones you love. How would they react in their pain? Someone who might be close to suicide themselves might finally decide to take their own life, just to escape the pain. Their life and the pain of their loved ones would be on your head. People might look upon this as a tragedy. Others might blame you after you're gone, and not care enough to understand why you did it, or understand how you felt.

I know I've written a lot, and it's pretty harsh - especially that last paragraph - but it has to be. What do you think suicide is? It's no walk in the park.

I know at least 8 people who have lost their lives early - mostly out of the blue. None of them suicide. It's made me appreciate the value of life so much more. Maybe that's why I hate suicide so much. Some people's lives are taken from them - and there's nothing they can do. But other people willingly throw their lives away. They waste the gift that has been given to them - a gift that is all too often taken from others for no reason. I understand that most people who are considering suicide don't consider these things, but I just wish there was a way to make them understand! People who hurt you don't matter! You are loved!

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2011 04:24PM) (new)

I never said you would be loved by everyone. People are, by nature, limited in their love. You will have enemies - people who just don't like you, or even hate you for reasons you don't understand. Or, maybe you know why. It doesn't matter (and, like I said, those people - the people who hurt you - don't matter). The thing that matters is that you HAVE people who care about you, no matter what. THEY are the ones who love you. THEY are the ones you would hurt.

Seems rather ironic, doesn't it? How suicide would only hurt the ones who loved you? It makes it seem like a punishment for caring about someone...

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

A hit-list?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Why would you turn yourself into the villain? Death would not turn you into a martyr, just like cruelty to these people would not make you noble in cause. The road to hell is paved with good intentions... There's a difference between standing up for yourself and becoming what you despise. You mustn't forget what humanity you have, even if these people are inhumane to you.

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2011 08:48PM) (new)

Think about what you're doing. You're taking life away from somebody - somebody who needs to be shown the right way! Even the lowest of the low can be shown the light. You have to find another way to reaching them - actually change their lives. What good is a body to the world? It's worthless, we bury it. What good is one who changes the world one by one? It's worth more than most men could hope to become! May their names be remembered by all!

Revenge should have no place in this world. You end up with a body, once again causing pain to all who knew them, and another body - one that has life temporarily, but it's an empty and hollow life. You kill someone, you're the evil one, you go to jail, serve your time in misery, become a shell of what you once were. Is that what you want? To be locked up in a cell for 25+ years? And don't forget, this is 1st degree murder, so if you're not 18 yet, they would try you as an adult anyways. So, you're looking at being 45 or so when you get out. What good will you be? To yourself? To anyone? No, you'd be just as bad as those who've tortured you all these years. No - I take that back, you'd be worse.

Maybe they can't see what's going on, or how far they've pushed you, maybe they don't care. Maybe they haven't a tiny bit of humanity left in them - it doesn't matter. They're not taking your life from you. You want to take their lives. How do they deserve to die from their ignorance?

Have you ever taken a life before? Even less, have you been there when someone has died? Have you seen the light fade from their eyes? Have you felt their skin growing colder with each passing second? I have. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. And I sure as hell don't have respect anyone who would willingly go through that, just for the sake of revenge. If these people are as bad as you say they are, tell a counselor (school or otherwise), or tell the authorities. This whole "kill-those-who-did-me-wrong" isn't noble. It's cowardly - you can't face them, so you want to kill them. No, let the people who are supposed to handle it, handle it.

message 39: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments The people who are suppost to handle it do nothing!!

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments Ava Fompledump (Where's my happy ending?) wrote: "The people who are suppost to handle it do nothing!!"

I AGREE !!!

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments thank you!! I have tried. I mean they wont even do anything for my friend who is being raped..

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments yikes im sorry for your friend

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Has she gone to the hospital to get a medical examination afterwards? Has she gotten a rape kit? Has she tried to prosecute this man? If she has done all of these thing, she would be fine and the man would be behind bars. Even if she has just been telling her friends about it, or telling the police - nothing can be done without evidence. She needs to go get evidence.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

And you took what I said a little out of context... I said it as an alternative to killing whoever was wronging you.

message 45: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments Otto wrote: "I never said you would be loved by everyone. People are, by nature, limited in their love. You will have enemies - people who just don't like you, or even hate you for reasons you don't understand...."

Otto wrote: "No, you cannot go on thinking like that. Listen to me, there's so much more to everything you guys just discussed. This might take a while, so bear with me...

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you n..."

1st. I love everyone and everything. A lot of people I know would hate you for the five or so paragraphs you wrote contradicting my opinion but I'm glad you did so I can see it in a different, new way and I can express my opinion on what you had said.

2nd. I realize that we're only wearing purple and that's all they've had us do but WE can have US do more. I'm going to research gay suicides, gay bullying and just plain and simply being gay and figure out what we COULD do that wouldn't hurt ANYONES feelings.

3rd. I do not believe my body is not MY body but God's. It is equally shared among me and my saviour, the alpha and the omega, etc. If it were God's body I would not be able to control it and if it were a lone that would mean after I die I'd have to pay I price and I would therefore have to believe in hell but seeing as I do not... I believe that even when you die your SOUL itself has a chance to repent at the gates of heaven. If you then repent you are aloud in but if you do not you are banished back to walk the earth until you have repented, whether it be in your actions or in your words.

And yes I agree it's not right that that's what it has to be but that's my belief, my opinion on it. I also believe that God is Jesus, The Father and the Holy Ghost. Wiht believing that The Father in God and Jesus are male but the Holy Ghost is female. I refer to God as a female even though in my vision only a third of God is female.

Thank you for your opinion I always love hearing other people's opinions because it really opens my eyes and makes me reeavaluate mine. I appreaciate it.

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments My friend is raped by her boyfriend and like the 3 before him. She is abused by her father and she can't get proof??!

message 47: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... THOSE ARE F***ING MEAN PEOPLE!

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Yeah.. And she has tried to kill herself like 3 times.

message 49: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments OMG! She shouldn't!

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments She went into cardiac arrest once..

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sentimental Bulls#*t (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Magenta Periwinkle (other topics)