Penguin's Point of View Books discussion

13 Reasons Why movie...thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penguin Teen (new)

Penguin Teen (penguinteen) | 16 comments Mod
So, as many of you have heard, Universal bought the rights to Thirteen Reasons Why and Selena Gomez will be starring as Hannah Baker. What do people think about the film becoming a movie? What about Selena in the lead?

message 2: by Huong (new)

Huong I'm thinking maybe I should go kill myself. I read this book in 2011, love it, and then the movie is going to kill it. I have absolutely no doubt.

message 3: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 3 comments As much as I love Selena Gomez, I don't think she's the right choice, I'm very excited for it to be turned into a movie but I don't know (Maybe I should give her a chance) yet, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher I think the girl in < cover best represented Hannah Baker.

message 4: by Ally (last edited Mar 31, 2011 12:05PM) (new)

Ally | 8 comments I'm not too keen on the idea of the movie all together, but i'm definetly not okay with the casting they chose. I will watch it, but i dont have high hopes for it.

message 5: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 3 comments I agree on that too. I was hoping for a better cast but it just saddens me.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I really don't think Selena Gomez represents Hannah in any way. I do wanna watch it, since I read the book, but I don't think it will be great.

message 7: by Jenna (last edited May 27, 2011 12:31PM) (new)

Jenna | 10 comments I just really don't think Selena Gomez is talented enough to represent Hannah who means so much to so many people.

Realteenreviews | 7 comments i don't think selena gomez fits the part at all. she's never played a role like this and I don't know if she can play it convincingly

message 9: by Tânia (new)

Tânia (tania87) I don't think Selena Gomez fits the role, but who knows? I'm gonna watch it, since i read the book, but my expectations are very low.

message 10: by Realteenreviews (new)

Realteenreviews | 7 comments same here

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Austin | 1 comments I just looked on IMDB. It doesn't look like anyone has been cast for this movie yet.