Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Single Book, Multiple Series?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Hmm. One workaround would be to collapse the multiple series into one set of parentheses, so that that one would be hidden on the book page but still show in lists. In this example, "Rosamund's Tuckshop (The Abbey Girls, #25; Kentisbury, #2; Quellyn/Woodend, #2)". That's the old format we used for anthologies which contained short stories from multiple series, though, so that might be confusing after all.

Another workaround would be to shift the order of the series in the title field so that the last one, the one that gets overwritten by the series object, is the primary one that matches the overwriting series object. For this example, "Rosamund's Tuckshop (Kentisbury, #2) (Quellyn/Woodend, #2) (The Abbey Girls, #25)". That makes it look like "Kentisbury" is the primary series for this book when apparently "The Abbey Girls" is the primary one -- is that a problem for this set of series?

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Down towards the bottom on the edit page, where you put the series name, there's a link that says "add series." I thought that's where you'd add multiple series?

I've not done one book that has multiple series, but I was just putting a series together, tonight, and noticed that...would that solve the problem?

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Oh, okay! I totally misunderstood the question...thanks for clarifying. :)