The Amazing Books Club discussion

random > books-to-get

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex if you have any suggestions for other people put them here.

message 2: by India (new)

India (indihth) If you haven't already read it I think The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks is great! The movie didn't really capture the feel of the book very well I thought. I've recently read Entangled by Cat Clark, which I really liked. I thinks it's by a British author so there's a lot of British phrases in it, which is different!

Hope you find some cool stuff! Just get something if you think you might like it, that's what's works best for me! You can go into a book with no expectations so there's not so much of a let down if it's not great.

-India

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

If you haven't already read the Hush, Hush series, you HAVE to read it! I've heard Brightly Woven was a really good book. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto was a really great book. If you're more into dystopian/sci-fi/adventure books, the Maze Runner is supposed to be really good, and also Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder. You can always try one of L.J. Smith's books, if you like vampires :)

Hope this helps!

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex cool. has anyone read the maximum ride series. if not, you totally need to! i suggest this to everyone.

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) anything and everything by Sarah Dessen adn L.J. Smith (my faves by Sarah are The Truth About Forever, Along for the Ride, and Just Listen) (my faves by L.J. are the vampire diaries, the night world series, the forbidden game, and the strange power)

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) Alex wrote: "cool. has anyone read the maximum ride series. if not, you totally need to! i suggest this to everyone."

ya i read it and it was awesome! :p

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex I know! I haven't read the last two in the series though.

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) oohhh theyre really good :D

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex I know! I really need to get on it.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I really like the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard, I've also heard that the rest of her books are supposed to be really good! Really enjoyed Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (Hades #2 is coming out soon!) and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was really good, in a different way to the movie I think they were both good! Small Blue Thing by S.C Ransom was good, a tad confusing at times but I liked it! The Hunger Games is supposed to be great, it's on my shelf in my room waiting to be read! Ingo series by Helen Dunmore is one of my favourite series, especially if you like the mermaid myth. And if you do, Seven Tears into the Sea by Terri Farley is great too! The Wolves Of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater is brilliant as well, if you like werewolves!
That's all I can think of now, but there's plenty of great ones out there!

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex I've read the majority of those books. I loved Halo!

message 12: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) I just bought my first book, guys! :D

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex Your first book?

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) whaddaya mean??

message 15: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) My first new book, like i have some other books but they are old and stuff but i just bought my first new book :D The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) oohh i have that book but i havent read it yet.. if u read it soon lemme kno what its like :p

message 17: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) I read it already before. :D btw it was AWESOME! And whats weird is it's so unlike twilight!

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex oh.....That makes sense now.

message 19: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) yesss haha what did you think i meant? xD

message 20: by Alex (new)

Alex that you've never had a real book before!

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) Cassidy wrote: "I read it already before. :D btw it was AWESOME! And whats weird is it's so unlike twilight!"

oh good :p cause i've heard alot of mixed opinions about it :D

message 22: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) oooh xD

message 23: by shady boots (last edited Aug 25, 2011 04:18PM) (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) You guys really need to read this series if you haven't. D:
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong
So awesome. <3 And just look how pretty the covers are!

message 24: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) Fauzan wrote: "You guys really need to read this series if you haven't. D:
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongThe Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley ArmstrongThe Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong
So awesome. <3 And just look how pret..."

I will soon!

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) OOOHH THEY ARE SO AMAZING I LOVED THEM!! :D ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

message 26: by shady boots (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) I know right? :D
Derek. <33333

message 27: by Alex (new)

Alex I want to read them, but my library never has the first one.

message 28: by shady boots (new)

shady boots (shadyboots) What about your bookstore?

message 29: by Alex (new)

Alex Borders is closing, and everyone got the good books. Walmart is the closest thing I have to a bookstore, and they rarely have it

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassidy wrote: "Fauzan wrote: "You guys really need to read this series if you haven't. D:
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongThe Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley ArmstrongThe Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong
So awesome.

I will s..."

LOVE THAT SERIES!! !

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) sooo awesome!! :D

message 32: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (readingisanart) | 5 comments The Maze Runner is an absolute must! Right now I'm reading the second book (The Scorch Trials) but I still think The Maze Runner will reign supreme of the two! And then come the obvious answers: Anna and the French Kiss, Delirium, etc.

message 33: by Arizel紫 (new)

Arizel紫 (Arizel) Books to get? A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin !!!!!!!!

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) my list is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long :D

message 36: by Arizel紫 (new)

Arizel紫 (Arizel) I want the complete set of Iron Fey, Son of Neptune, Hardbound: Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Eona The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Tiger's Quest (Tiger Series, #2) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Curse (Tiger Series, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Voyage (Tiger Series, #3) by Colleen Houck Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) omgg i absolutely love the 13 to life series!! :p im reading the third one right now... sigh i love Pietr :D