Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hello! :-)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesld) | 27 comments I'm Leslie and am a librarian who enjoys reading young adult novels. I look forward to discovering some new authors and reading recommendations from others. I liked the novels by Nancy Werlin, Jennifer Donnelly, Gayle Forman and others.

I've been reading discussion posts and have decided to give this group a try. The challenges seem like fun. I've never tried a challenge so I'll be starting the A-Z challenge soon!

I'm looking forward to interesting discussions!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Hi Leslie, glad you are joining us! It's nice to have librarians and teachers in our group, they seem to really get to see what kids are reading. Although I must admit, I love YA enough that I have given up the guise of reading YA just to talk to my kids :)

The challenges are a lot of fun. And retroactive! Feel free to go back and count any YA books you've read so far since January 1st when it started.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesld) | 27 comments Well, I work in an adult Department at the library. I enjoy reading many young adult books though, especially the fantasy. I did enjoy reading Gayle Forman and Stephanie Perkin's Anna and The French Kiss. Of course, I love the Harry Potter series.

I'll go back and add the ones I have read to my A-Z challenge list.

Glad to join the group!

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments Hey Leslie!

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesld) | 27 comments Great to meet you Ottilie! I've started the A-Z challenge so far. I'm finishing up Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. Look forward to discussing books with you!

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments Thanks you too!!