Room 107, First Period discussion

Add to your 'to read' list.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry (new)

Terry | 9 comments Mod
What three (or more) books are you adding to your 'to read' list? What makes them appealing to you? Use these web sites - and others you find - to help you find items.

http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yal...

http://thisrecording.com/today/2010/1...

http://bitchmagazine.org/sites/defaul...

http://guyslitwire.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Uchelk (new)

Uchelk | 2 comments These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf because it sounds mysterious and i want to find out what the two sisters keep secrets. The Shack by William P. Young i was told it was a beutifull book and that God was this big fat black woman. so id love to see how it goes. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly my bf sabrina told me it was a good book and how these two different lifes of women come together...

message 3: by Bryce (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:40AM) (new)

Bryce | 5 comments I am adding Hatchet by Gary Paulsen , Trapped by Michael Northrop , and Brian's Return (Brian's Saga Series #4) by Gary Paulsen . I am adding these books because they all have a common theme, outdoors adventure. I am intrested in these books because it seems like a real life picture of what it would be like stuck in the woods/ building with no way out

message 4: by Maryn (new)

Maryn Robinson | 5 comments Saving Rachel by John Locke because it sounded simliar to The Gretchen Lowell books. Monster Love by Carol Topolski because it sounded creepy and very interesting. The Night Season (Gretchen Lowell, #4)  by Chelsea Cain because I loved the other Gtrechen Lowell books and it should be just as good.

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Nierras | 4 comments bookcover:Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret|304996]
I first read this book when I was thirteen. It was funny and poignant and I really loved it so I wanna read it again.

[[bookcover:The Curious Case of Benjamin Button|2988671]
because I watched the movie and it was pretty sad but interesting.

Beggars in Spain (Sleepless, #1) by Nancy Kress
The cover makes it look interesting and the summary sounds promising.

Song of Kali by Dan Simmons
Because the summary sounds scary and the cover looks scary.

message 6: by Sergio (new)

Sergio guzman | 2 comments robert rigby (goal 1)

message 7: by Laceyy(: (new)

Laceyy(: Stultz (layceecaroline) | 2 comments Where She Went
I chose to put this on my to read lists beacause i absolutly love the book If I stay. Im very interested in what happens next.
Who Killed My Daughter?
I chose this book because I absolutly love Lois Duncan and her writing style.
Big Fat Manifesto
I chose this book simply off of what mr. DeBarger said about it. I have been looking for a self image book and this one interested me, with the front cover and the short paragraph i read.

message 8: by Austin (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:40AM) (new)

Austin Keathley | 4 comments I am adding, Trapped, Red Dragon, and Black Creek Crossing. I'm interested in reading these books because I have read books by similar authors, and like the genre of these books.

message 9: by Sergio (new)

Sergio guzman | 2 comments im adding this book because it looks like a a good book and i think i might be intrested in becacause my friends recomended it

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie W. | 4 comments Stolen: A letter to my captorby Lucy Christopher This book seems interesting to me because it's about a girl who's writing to the man who abducted her.
Nothingby Janne Teller
This book seems different from any other book I've read and I want to give it a try. It also sounds interesting because it's translated from Danish.
Uninvitedby Amanda Marrone This book wouldn't normally appeal to me because it's not something I'd usuaully read. I want to read it because I don't want to stick with just one genre of books. This book looks strange, but also worth reading.

message 11: by Matthew (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:44AM) (new)

Matthew | 4 comments Airborn i chose this book because it got a really high rating on guyslitwire.com and i've had friends that highly recommend this book
Leviathan it sounds stupid but when i was looking on guyslitwire.com this books cover cought my eye and when i started to read a bit more about the story it grabed my interest
Gone i chose this book mainly because the title seemed so direct and interesting and when i started to read the discription it sounded alot like a show that i used to watch all the time

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen morales (KaReN_m0RaLeS) | 1 comments Snitch I want to read Snitch because i read the review and it sounded like a good book.
Perfect Chemistry I want to read the perfect chemistry because lots of people have told me its a good book.
The Perfect Play I want to read the perfect play because the book cover gets my attention.

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica | 1 comments I put on my to-read list Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare by Cassandra Clare also Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles by Simone Elkeles. I want to read the first two books because they are in the series that I'm reading. I want to read the last book because I was told it was a good book from quite a few people.