One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > A Tale of Two Cities BuddyRead

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Bought the classic a fortnight ago (big word: 2 points), and thought I'd start a BR for it. I'm gonna start reading on March 15th, 2011.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments hmm, i might be in - may see if i can get the audiobook though...something to listen to during my work commute

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Awesome! No worries if you can't read it with me. :). Audiobook is a nice thought. Too bad I got it on my Kindle already :)

message 4: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I will be reading this then. I am pretty sure I have it. I have over a hundred classics on my nook!

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Awesome! I am trying to build up my collection, as it seems that most/all of them are free.

message 6: by Dee (last edited Feb 14, 2011 07:29PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments i'm sure I can get it for my kindle...for some reason my brain sees classics to read = sleep...lol! so if I can get them on audio all the better

anything published prior to 1923 you should be able to get for free because they are in public domain

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Dee: My brain does that with just about all books lately, as I'm so tired. I didn't know that about the 1923 thing. Good info to know (:

Robyn: That's good. I have never read anything by him either. Glad my powers kicked in :) LOL.

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Just a reminder to everyone that this buddy read will start today...I will try to set it up so that it is a little slow. I will post the first assignment later tonight.

message 9: by Meagan (last edited Mar 15, 2011 10:54AM) (new)

Meagan (meaganmarble) | 80 comments I might jump in and read this again with you guys.

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I don't really know where to start with this.

message 11: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments First Assignment:
Chapter 1-3 March 15th-March 20th

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments i picked the audiobook of this up at audible 4.95 sale today...but i already have line-up of books next (Huck Finn; the last book in the Stieg Larsson series)...although i could sub this for Huck, because i'm fairly sure its on the 1001 books to read before you die list

message 13: by Shay (new)

Shay | 862 comments I started another Dicken's book- Martin Chuzzlewit, but maybe I'll put it to the side and read this one.

message 14: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments The more the merrier! I am going to do this one slow because I know that sometimes Dickens can be kind of hard to read at times.

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Meghan: I'm telling you, I have to send you a gift card or something. You don't know how much I owe you for picking things up when I can't get online. Seriously, though, I think I will do that. Message me and we'll get something going. You deserve it!

I hope everyone will enjoy this book! I will try to finish a couple and joing in ASAP. Happy Reading! :D

message 16: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Sorry guys been working a lot!!!

Second Assignment:
March 20-31 Chapter 4-10

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) S'okay :). Think I will start on it later today or tomorrow.

message 18: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Apr 01, 2011 08:45PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Third Assignment
Finish Book the Second April 1-14

Sorry guys I hope this is a good spot I haven't had time to touch this book!

message 19: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Neither have I! I think I'm only on the third page...