Christopher Moore discussion

Hello

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Sam | 23 comments Mod
I just wanted to post a welcoming note to you all. Feel free to post as you like. I don't really have any grad schemes for this group, I mainly wanted to get fellow Moore fans together so I can see what else everyone reads, so I can perhaps discover new authors. So, welcome to you all, and happy reading!
:)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Heather (geekily) | 16 comments Oh, awesome, hi! I was wondering if anything was ever going to happen with this group, but I figured either way, anything Moore-related is cool with me. I had the same thought as you - I want to see what everyone's reading so I can find new stuff for myself, heh. Not that I don't have enough to read... I think I spend more time wandering around Goodreads than actually reading. :p

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Thanks for the welcome! I just started "You Suck" this morning and "Fluke" is on deck. I haven't heard much about that one. Any thoughts?

message 4: by Nikki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Nikki (nikk329) | 4 comments I've read 5 of Moore's books, and Fluke is my favorite so far. To not give any of it away it's about a team of marine biologists who are studying the "music" of humpback whales. One of the biologists Nate believes he has seen a whale with "Bite Me" scrawled across its tail....Ok there's a lot more to the book than that but that's all I'm saying for now!

message 5: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Heather (geekily) | 16 comments Haha, wow, Nikki, now I'm intrigued! I really hadn't heard much about Fluke yet. So far I've read A Dirty Job, Bloodsucking Fiends, and You Suck, and I'm reading Practical Demonkeeping right now. I love them all, but A Dirty Job is definitely my favorite.

message 6: by Jesse (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Jesse | 2 comments Hello all. Nice to see folks talking about Christopher Moore. I'ver personaly read "Practical Demonkeeping", "Lamb", "Bloodsucking Fiends", "You Suck", and "Stupidest Angel". So far I'd have to say its kind of a tie between "You Suck: A Love Story" and "Lamb" for my favorite. I think "Dirty Job" will be the next humorous book I read. Its always fun to read one of his book as I can't help but laugh out loud while I do it and folks inevitably want to know "what so funny". Then its like well you see Jesus just told his buddy he needs to have sex with a prostitute and tell him what its like, or this guy rubbed garlic all over his undead girlfriend while she was asleep. And ok, that was longer than I intended it to be. So yes, I like Christopher Moore too..and hello to you all.

message 7: by Farrell (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Farrell | 3 comments I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have read all of Moore's books and enjoyed them all. My favorite is also Dirty Job, maybe because it was the first one I read. Sam: any news on when we can expect the next book? I think I may re-read Lamb.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori (TNBBC) Hello everyone.
I recently read The Stupidest Angel (my first Christopher Moore novel)... And absolutely loved the cheesy b-movie feel I got from it. It was a great storyline, filled with unforgetable characters... And it made me want to read more from him.

So i went out and bought Lamb... I probably wont be reading that till after the holidays, i have one more waiting in line after i finish my current book.

Can anyone recommend some of the best ones so i can add them to my to-buy list? I see some of you really like A Dirty Job and Fluke....