Book Haven discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy reads - Message in a Bottle

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I hope it's OK I created a topic about Message in a Bottle. I still have a hard time searching for specific messages/topics.

I've just started this, on about page 60. I was starting to read it on my Kindle and then got a message from the library that my turn had come up for Unbroken, and I've really been wanting to read that, so now I'm reading both.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I am glad you created it like this. I was trying to figure out which one we were all typing in!

I have almost completely read the whole book and wow, Once I started I couldn't put it down. Very good book..I won't say anything quite yet so that way I do not ruin it for you!
I will have to check out Unbroken, I don't think I have heard of that one.

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments I've had a bunch going on so I'm not that far into it page 82, but it is a good HAPPY read. it put me into a good mood.

def. do another buddy read.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments It is a very good book, I just finished it tonight.I of course will wait until you are farther in before I say to much!

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments OK Samantha, I'm finished. Want to talk about it? Sonya, where are you in the book?

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I have finished it also, this book was wonderful but sad at the same time. I thought about making copies of the letters from the book and posting them on my refrig!

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Samantha, I'm so glad you responded, I never can find this thread, even when I search. I enjoyed the book, but I kept thinking, you know these people are adults, don't they realize that one of them is going to have to make a life altering decision if they want to stay together??? And I couldn't see that Garrett was ever going to leave his business and his home town, so it was obvious that Theresa was going to have to be the one to move, at least I thought so.

And I thought that he wasn't so much still in love with his wife as he was in love with what they had together, and his youth that he shared with her. My first husband and I grew up together, his sisters were my best friends, and sometimes I still think of him and miss that part of my life, because that was my youth, it was magical. Oh well...

I was expecting this book to be much sadder than it was, I never felt like I wanted to cry. But the book was enjoyable, I'm glad I read it.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I agree that they should have realized that one of them was going to have to give up something and I knew it would have to be Theresa. I hate that they were torn apart because of his love and grief for his wife and it was a true tragedy how she died especially with her being pregnant. So in technically he lost two people at once. I figured I would tear up a little but I never did either. I think it was amazing how he could take a message in a bottle and turn it into a love story like that.
It was a great book and I am glad we decided to read it to!