~Opinions~ discussion

30 views
Other > Cursing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
this topic has come up in a few other topics. apart from that, cursing seems to take a big part in the world today.
some people have a problem with it, while others curse every second word. some people only mind when it is used against other people.
where do you stand?


message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I dont really mind it. Probs because my dad is really bad for it, but i actualy hardly swear, i do but not often. I don't think its anything too serious tbh.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments It bothers me to curse with people I don't know so well or my family but I curse all the time with my friends :)


message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeh! I wouldnt swear infront of people i dont know,


message 5: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments I don't really mind it. Like I don't curse at my house when my families around (for obvious reasons) but I swear with my friends a lot or I swear if I am pissed off at someone and wanna diss them.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments I swear for fun :) with my friends. I don't really go on full time swearing and cursing.


message 7: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments HAHAHAHA. So do i.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Yeah me and my friends are so crazy. We have our swearing moments.


message 9: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments Hahaha. My friends are awesome and funny they swear alot sometimes :P


Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 14 comments I don't have a problem with swearing. It is a tad offensive when used against other people though.


message 11: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
i dont know, i dont really like cursing.
it feels dirty to me. do you really need to curse to be happy?


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments No, you don't. I just do it for the heck of it. Sometimes it feels good to say it when you're angry so you can feel all proud "Oh I said a nasty word!"


message 13: by Nate (new)

Nate I curse. Yet I try to be respectful abbout it, I know that's an oxymoron. What I mean, is that I don’t curse at authority figures or girls, but I’ll curse at other guys if I’m ticked off. I’m not the type to use profanity every other word, there’s no need for that. Some guys think it’s cool I think it makes them look like an idiot.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments What do you guys really mean by cursing though?

Haha I like oxymorons. Today my guy friend said I was pretty ugly. Haha.


message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren The one swear word i would never say and HATE when people say is the C word, its disgusting and cringy.


message 16: by Nate (new)

Nate @Ruby

I'm pretty sure they mean profanity, foul language.
The 'F' word, The 'B' word. then ya got the milder curse words like shit, damn, ...


message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Are we aloud to swear on goodreds? :S lol i didnt want to incase were not, it seems like a 'polite' website... lol.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Haha yeah but since we're discussing it I think it's quite okay.

Anyway, if that's the case, I don't really care anymore. Thanks to my friends for getting me used to it. My friend calls me a bitch. We start saying all the words


message 19: by Nate (new)

Nate @Lauren

I'd have to read the guidelines. lol But I know that most groups will post their own rules on it, some groups don't want you to curse at all and others don't mind mild cussing.

To be curtious I try to put a rating on my writing cus I sometimes use curse words in my writing. Especialy my journal entries. lol But even then its mild.


message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Oooh right, i wasnt sure 'coz i dont think i've seen anyone swear, or i have and can't remember. Well anyways i dont get offended by swear words, i hear them all the time.


message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren LOL. I would of LOVED to see the comments after that! haha.


message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "it feels dirty to me. do you really need to curse to be happy?"

That's like saying "do you need the word apple to be happy?" It's literally just a word. It only bothers you because you think it's supposed to bother you and/or you let it bother you.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Hahahaha apple


message 24: by Nate (last edited Feb 13, 2011 09:31AM) (new)

Nate Your right, words are just words and I don't Need to curse to be happy, but when your really ticked off it does feel good to let off some steam with a few cuss words. Maybe that's just me.


message 25: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
it really bugs me when people curse a lot for no reason. when your annoyed its one thing, but when you say them for the heck of it, i think its immature and dirty.
just my opinion


message 26: by Nate (new)

Nate Siareen wrote: "it really bugs me when people curse a lot for no reason. when your annoyed its one thing, but when you say them for the heck of it, i think its immature and dirty.
just my opinion"


I agree there is no reason to curse every other word.


message 27: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
ya, and its my ears. they can do it all they want around their friends and family, and they can watch as many bad language movies as they want, but it bothers me when people do it around me.
it probably comes from being brought up in a family where 'idiot' is counted as a curse word and 'shut up' is a BIG no no :)


message 28: by Nate (new)

Nate @Siareen

Seriously? Idiot & Shut-up... wow that's strict. I'd be in trouble every day. LOL


message 29: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
it was when i was younger. when i got older, it got more lax. i can say idiot and shut up as much as i want :)
im glad for it though. its a completely differnt family when the kids dont tell each other to shut up or call each other idiots.
of course, that kinda died now that my brother and i are teenagers


message 30: by Nate (new)

Nate I call my brother an idiot everyday. We've cursed each other out from time to time.

But my parents are strict in the way that we are NOT to use the 'F' word in the presence of a girl and we are NOT to call a girl any derogatory words like the 'B' word or anything else.


message 31: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments Nate wrote: "@Siareen

Seriously? Idiot & Shut-up... wow that's strict. I'd be in trouble every day. LOL"


Yea so would i. I say idiot and shut up on a daily basis toward my brother.


message 32: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Siareen wrote: "this topic has come up in a few other topics. apart from that, cursing seems to take a big part in the world today.
some people have a problem with it, while others curse every second word. some ..."


It's alright when you're saying stuff like 'Fucking Hell' or 'Fuck that' or indirectly... but being sweared at is rude... unless ofcourse you have a very good reason too


message 33: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Like being called stupid and babyish?


message 34: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) No, I meant swears. Not that


message 35: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I still consider that highly offensive, especially when there is no reason for it, as you said.


message 36: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) There was a reason, actually, you were acting babyish by screaming ike one and denying to listen to anyone else.


message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Donatello wrote: "I still consider that highly offensive, especially when there is no reason for it, as you said."

Seriously? By mentioning that your just going to start an argument again...


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments I sometimes call my friends whores and bitches :)
but mostly I call them lesbian. Especially one... Lol xD
not that lesbian is a swear word. I just have my doubts sometimes!


message 39: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Amina wrote: "There was a reason, actually, you were acting babyish by screaming ike one and denying to listen to anyone else."

I was not screaming.


message 40: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) whatever


message 41: by Nate (new)

Nate I think they need a thread of their own so they can just hash it out. LOL
...but seriously you two have this on going bickering on several threads.


message 42: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Because I am still waiting for an apology. All I want is for Amina to say two little words for insulting me for no reason. Is it really that difficult?


message 43: by Megamarie (new)

Megamarie | 127 comments whoa..!!


message 44: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Lindsay wrote: "Here's a tip: Get. Over. It. Life is full of disappointments, and to hold a petty and ridiculous grudge over one of them is what idiots do. By staying mad at her, Donatello, you're letting her ..."

See, she called you whiny! Now why don't you get on her nerves until she says sorry.


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments I agree. I would fight back. By swearing. Mwahaha.


message 46: by Siareen, Moderator (new)

Siareen | 533 comments Mod
Donatello, the only thing you gain by brining the same argument you had with Amina up in different topics over and over again is a bad reputation. you are presenting yourself as childish and whiny, and someone who cant let something go


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Lindsay wrote: "I can do that.... *evil grin*"

Hahaha I know you can :) I'm not so good at it though. I'm mostly a cheerul person.


message 48: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments All of you, shut up. This argument about me being insulted has nothing to do with you.


message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Well said, well fucking said ;)


message 50: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Well, I'm not done with it, and that's what matters, not your opinion on this.


« previous 1 3
back to top