Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > deleting B&N gift card?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I have a B&N gift card that I applied to ebooks; now I would like to use the Groupon I bought first, since it loses value in April. I noticed a button for "delete this gift card" - will that just remove it from the ebook account? Seems logical, but I feel a little nervous about deleting it!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (beantime) I've never used a B&N gift card, but I imagine it works in the same way as gift cards in other places. They basically treat a saved gift card number like a saved credit card number, so it works the same way. Take the number out and use another, then put the first number back in when you want to use it again. I don't see why you couldn't do that on the nook. Just make sure you write down the gift card number (or that you still have the original gift card) before you delete it.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Sloan (crystal_sloan) I agree, they will not take the funds from you, just make sure you keep the gift card number.

message 4: by Ron (new)

Ron (krnm) | 1 comments What they said. Linking a gift card to your account only makes it the default payment method; it doesn't take the balance off of your card or restrict it to the online store. By the same token, you can still take the plastic card to a brick-and-mortar store, and any purchases will be deducted from your balance, which you'll see next time you log in.

message 5: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I went ahead and did it, hopefully all is well! Using up my groupon now. :-)