Building a SciFi/Fantasy Library discussion

questions > Can't remember the name.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bresdin (new)

Bresdin | 3 comments When I was much younger I read a sci-fi fantasy book and the title and author completely escaped my mind.

I really want to read it again but all I can remember is that the main character gets sucked into this planet and gets shape-shifted into an animal...i think a deer? or stag? well one of the characters gets turned into a deer. They need to get to the heart of the planet to save it and themselves.
And sadly thats all I can remember. I know horrible.
But if this sounds at all familiar please let me know if you know what book im thinking about.

message 2: by Derek (new)

Derek (derekl) | 1 comments That vaguely reminds me of some Ursula Le Guin that I read when I was very young. Only vaguely, mind. I'd have to research it a little more - but it was in the Junior Fiction section of the local library (along with "R for Rocket" by Ray Bradbury).

message 3: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 121 comments Midnight at the Well of Souls, by Jack Chalker. The hero, Nathan Brazil, gets his spiritual essence transferred into the body of a stag. He has to journey to the center of the planet to activate a computer to fix reality.

message 4: by Bresdin (last edited Aug 14, 2008 01:32AM) (new)

Bresdin | 3 comments YES THATS IT!! Thank you so much!!!