Book Haven discussion

Buddy Reads > What is a buddy read?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
A few people in the group requested that I create a folder for people who want to do buddy reads.

Basically a buddy read is when two or more people decide to read a book at the same time. Usually when a person is looking for a buddy read, they will create a thread and list the books they want a buddy for. If someone wants to do the buddy read with them, they reply to that thread to let the thread creator know. :) This is very similar to a group read, but it is for a smaller group and more informal. :) If you have any questions, post them in this thread! :)

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Assume spoilers in a buddy read thread!

(or should we ad (**SPOILERS POSSIBLE**) in the title, to warn people who haven't finished the book?)

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments This morning I was looking for the Buddy Read thread and couldn't find it. How do I look for a specific thread? I get update notifications in my email and can go to it then, but how do I just find it from my Home page?

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Click on Groups, come to Book Haven, and then to the Buddy Read Category. You'll see a list of threads there.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments stormhawk wrote: "Click on Groups, come to Book Haven, and then to the Buddy Read Category. You'll see a list of threads there."

Thanks, that's good to know, I always wondered how to find a specific thread.

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments You can also search within the group discussions. The search box is below the list of group areas (discussions, bookshelf, polls, etc.)