Art Lovers discussion

Art Lovers News Corner > The Google Art Project: What Do You Think About It?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Moscovici (goodreadscomclaudiamoscovici) I'm sure many of you know this already: on February 1, 2011 Google launched a virtual, panoramic tour of some of the most famous museums and works of art internationally. I think this is the wave of the future for museums and galleries alike, as I argue in the article below. What are your opinions about this revolutionary move? How do you think you'll be affected by it, as artists and/or gallery owners?

http://fineartebooks.wordpress.com/20...

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Gerardo (carolinegerardo) | 2 comments Claudia wrote: "I'm sure many of you know this already: on February 1, 2011 Google launched a virtual, panoramic tour of some of the most famous museums and works of art internationally. I think this is the wave o..."

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Gerardo (carolinegerardo) | 2 comments I believe it is an excellent way to interest new art lovers to museums and call back those who already enjoy. Younger people who have not seen the world's great art museums will be exposed to ideas and those who can't travel get a free peek

message 5: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8353 comments Good point, Cg! It very well could interest new art enthusiasts to some museums around the world. I think that when they are just beginning to appreciate art, they can get a glimpse of those works that they would love to see in person.

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed Smiley | 871 comments Claudia wrote: "I'm sure many of you know this already: on February 1, 2011 Google launched a virtual, panoramic tour of some of the most famous museums and works of art internationally. I think this is the wave o..."

Elkins wrote an interesting article on finish, using some of the pictures in the Google Art Project as examples:

Exploring Famous Unfinished Paintings in Google Art Project | Cezanne, De Kooning, ....

message 7: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Moscovici (goodreadscomclaudiamoscovici) Ed, thanks for sharing this link. Google Art Project has so many wonderful uses and benefits for art lovers!