Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > question about why 3 editions not showing as same author as 1 other edition

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Feb 11, 2011 07:23AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments http://www.goodreads.com/search/searc...

Why is the first edition by a Goodreads author member and the other 3 editions not showing as by that author. I can't see any difference in the way the author name shows. With one I even copied and pasted from the first, just to make sure.

Thanks.

ETA: Just combined the 3 editions that could be combined.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
The GR author has two spaces after his initial. Remember, that only shows up on book edit and author edit pages.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Thanks. Missed it. Even though copied and pasted from the author's, it didn't seem to work.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

You can't access the GR author's edit page. So I'm not sure how copy-paste would work.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments I got the name changed on the other 3 editions but combine is no longer working for me. If somebody can do the combine, great; otherwise I'll try again later. Thanks.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Feb 11, 2011 07:37AM) (new)

I'm getting combine errors too.

Edit: working for me now.

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Me three -- is anyone awake yet in California to give the server a kick?

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Apparently the combined irritation from the three of us was enough to do it. ;)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Yes, I noticed they're now combined. ;-) Thanks.