Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Tried to combine, maybe a bug?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam Jones | 3 comments I was here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/list/...

and I noticed that the Eternity Code #3 was showing twice on the list. I went to try to combine the editions (although maybe a merge would have been a better idea), but on the combine page it is not listed twice. So, it appears to just be showing the same thing twice on the list. How do I fix that?

- pam

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It is a bug, but not with combining: that bug is almost always a sign that the author order has been reversed on on of the editions. I looked down the list of editions for that book, found one where the author was listed second and the narrator was listed first, and swapped the order of those authors on that book. The list should look correct now, yes?

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam Jones | 3 comments Thanks! Perfection

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
This has come up several times now. Probably should add a brief Manual entry. Someone want to think of good phrasing?

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments I wondered about this one. Good to know the inside tricks. LOL.

message 6: by Cass (new)

Cass | 7 comments I am having the same issues:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

She is incorrectly listed as the author for a book, I fix the author but the book is still showing up in her list.

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Cass, that's actually something different. The author page is heavily cached, so changes often take a while to show up there. The author's book list page, though, should always reflect what's current. (Click on the "N distinct works" link to get to the book list page.) That looks accurate for this author, yes?

message 8: by Cass (new)

Cass | 7 comments thankyou, I was hoping it was something like a delay in the autho page refreshing.