The Sword and Laser discussion

Barrier Sword: Sword and Laser Segment

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Don (new)

Don (walsfeo) | 37 comments I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard Barrier Sword as the name of the segment. Heck, even knowing it's supposed to be called Bare Your Sword, I still can't hear that.

Now that I know what they were going for, at least I don't feel like I'm on the outside of a joke.

message 2: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6118 comments I always thought the song 'Renegades of Funk' was 'Random Case of Funk'.

message 3: by Don (new)

Don (walsfeo) | 37 comments Now that's just crazy talk! ~grin~

message 4: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments The famous one was Ozzy Osbourne always thinking Hendrix was saying "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"!

message 5: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4120 comments Weird, until I heard the email, I never heard it as anything but "Bare Your Sword." But now it's all I heard.

Must be like the arrow in the FedEx logo. Once you see it, you never don't see it.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Gardner | 113 comments The one that blew my mind was the Blondie song Heart of Glass. I thought she was saying "once you lose trust love's gone behind" but she's saying "mucho mistrust love's gone behind" I actually like my version alot better :/

message 7: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Nah, the classic is Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter, where every line is incomprehensible.

message 8: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6118 comments Sean wrote: "Nah, the classic is Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter, where every line is incomprehensible."

Lol, I was just going to say that. Don't look up lyrics to Pearl Jam or Tori Amos. You'll just be disappointed/confused.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2839 comments How about the Cranberries "Free to Decide" - when it was on the radio and I was young, I would sing along... "I'm freezing inside, I'm freezing inside." I thought it was about being coldhearted to love, and didn't know for years that it was a political commentary.

message 10: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Tamahome wrote: "Lol, I was just going to say that. Don't look up lyrics to Pearl Jam or Tori Amos. You'll ju..."

With Tori I've never had any trouble understanding each individual word she sings. It's the part where they're supposed to form coherent sentences. I mean:

"Me pureed sanitarily Mr. Sulu
Warp speed
In the springtime of his voodoo"?

message 11: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6118 comments Sean wrote:
"Me pureed sanitarily Mr. Sulu
Warp speed
In the springtime of his voodoo"

Gene Wolfe knows what that means.

message 12: by Dennis (new)

Dennis | 90 comments I always thought it was "Bury your sword...", which seemed a little too macabre. After the segment's over, I would picture V and T turning away from a pile of skewered listener feedback.

message 13: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Dennis wrote: "I always thought it was "Bury your sword...", which seemed a little too macabre. After the segment's over, I would picture V and T turning away from a pile of skewered listener feedback."

I think I like that better.