Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Entry Thread

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Feb 13, 2011 08:52PM) (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Okay here it is, our entry thread. You may only respond to this thread ONCE. Your response counts as your entry for one of the give away books.

What is your favorite COL thread/discussion in the last year?

Your answer is your entry. On the 14th I will take your response numbers and randomly pull numbers until all our books are given away. That is why I'm asking you to please respond only once.

Thanks and good luck,
T~

*edited to add*

I'll be using random.org to generate numbers from 2 (don't think it's okay for me to enter) 2-21. I'll create a new thread with winners tomorrow and add names as I random.org them.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments I guess I will be first! I really enjoyed the threads on Graceling and Truman. Granted I was behind reading Graceling and I did not read Truman, I still enjoyed the discussion of both of those books. Thanks Tera for the great club! Happy anniversary!

message 3: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments I really liked the thread on Edgy/Provocative fiction. It was great to see some recommendations for a very different subsection of books. Thanks for everything you do, Tera, I love being a part of this group!

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I always enjoy the Introduction thread to learn a little about the new people here in the greatest group on GR!! Thanks Tera and Happy Chick-a-versary!!!

message 5: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments I really like the thread, What are you reading? I seem to gravitate to it first when I sign in. In that thread, I've spotted a lot of great book recs. I love researching for books to read; it's much of the fun of books and reading.

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1311 comments I enjoy the Hot Book Discussions. Nook vs Kindle, 5 star read, got alot of ideas there & of course Just for Fun that I participate in almost daily! :)

Thanks for all you do Tera.

Happy 3rd Chickaversary everyone

message 7: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Okay, there is no way I can pick one favorite thread. :o)
But one thread I really appreciate is the Chunky Reads book discussions. For a book like Atlas Shrugged, I never would have finished the book without the wonderful encouragement and great discussion from other wonderful ladies reading the book at the same time. And finishing a tough book like that gives me a real feeling of accomplishment. So my three cheers goes to the Chunky Reads threads.

Happy Three Year Chickaversary Everyone!

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli I enjoy the Introductions thread. I love to see all of the new people who join and hear about their interests and lives....

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan I like the what are you reading thread and what have you finished....my TBR pile has grown in leaps and bounds because of it!!

message 10: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments My favorites are the group reads. I love being able to talk about good books with everyone. Fellow chicks always have such smart and insightful comments, it really enhances my reading experience.

Happy 3rd Chickaversary!

Thanks Tera!

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I think the development of the Buddy Reads has been a really great thing for the Chicks! It's a good way to read a book with someone without it being popular enough to be the group read.

Thanks for all you do (& have done), Tera!

message 12: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments My favourite thing is reading everyone's blogs. Is that bad? lol

Happy Anniversary everyone!

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) | 390 comments I can't pick just one! Buddy Reads, Chunky Reads, Intros, what are you reading, what did you just finish..... all of them!

Buddy and Chunky Reads because with some of the books, I never would have made it through without the support of other Chicks.

Intros: love the diversity that this group offers.

What are you reading/what did you just finish: So many great recommendations and comments related to the books. I have found TONS of great books through those threads.

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri | 95 comments Well, I just joined a few weeks ago, so it's hard to really pick something, but...I guess right now it's the What are you reading/what did you just finish category. My TBR pile is so huge now I'm going to have to live at least 40 more years to get through it all. Let's see, that would make me 90! :)

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wilkerson (misslaurenwilk) My favorites are the what are you reading and what have you finished threads. Also the five star thread. I've found so many good books there!

Thanks Tera!

message 16: by Irene (new)

Irene | 4086 comments I particularly enjoy the discussion threads on a specific title. Right now I am loving Olive Kitteridge. I just finished Cutting For Stone and had a terrific time being able to discuss it as I went along.

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (akbaum) My favorites are the what are you reading and what have you finished threads. I have found so many great books from there. I also really like the chunky reads. I reread Gone With the Wind and got so much out of the discussion with the others who read it.

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Chaney (carrie_chaney) | 148 comments My favorites are the Chick Reviews. So many great recommendations!

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments My favorite is definitely the "What did you finish" thread. I like to read the ones that people highly recommend, and love to read the responses from others.

message 20: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments My favorites are the "What are you reading" and the "What did you just finish" threads. Sorry, I couldn't pick just one. They're both my favorites!

message 21: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments My favorite threads are The Chunkies (I am a bit prejudice there) and Book Discussions.

I love read a long book discussions.

message 22: by Gwen (new)

Gwen | 52 comments Like several others on here, I really enjoy the "What did you just finish" thread along with the thread about books you just purchased. Sometimes I feel more like a book collector than a book reader so it's nice to see others buying books, too.

message 23: by Sharon A. (new)

Sharon A. (sharona826) | 172 comments My favorite is the "What did you just finish?" thread. I have been introduced to so many fabulous books that I wouldn't have otherwise known about thanks to the posters on that thread.

message 24: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (purehrt555) | 21 comments I love the introduction thread, it is fun getting to "meet" everyone.

message 25: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (meg9000) | 84 comments I liked the thread about Atlas Shrugged. We had a lot of fun trying to hang in there and figure things out.

message 26: by Sherin (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:04PM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments I love 'What are you reading'/'What did you just finish' /'Scrabble' threads

message 27: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I have to add to the kudos for the "What did you just finish" thread, even though my TBR list is ridiculously long because of it.

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky (divadog) | 1015 comments I've only been a member for about 2 months, and love the 'What are you read', 'What did you finish', 'What did you Buy' and 'Word Association' threads.

Tera - the way you select books is fun and efficient. I haven't gotten into some of the other areas, but every time I come back I explore some more.

Marsha - agree, my TBR list is getting longer by the minute - but its all good!