Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

General > My name is Beth, and I'm a book addict. . .

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 69 comments I have to have books. I live for my books. I have one started in the livingroom, one started that I keep in my purse for when I go somewhere, one in the bathroom, and I have one smutty one stashed under my pillow. I read in bed, in the bath, watching tv, in restaurants and at the doctor's office. I lurk around the Goodwill a couple of times a month, and I stalk every yard sale I come across looking for the pile of books for sale. My name is Beth, and I'm a book addict. . .

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) @Beth - I love it. I have my book-at-work, my kind of smutty one that won't leave my room, the ebook on my laptop for when I'm watching tv, the non-fiction I keep ignoring in favor of all the other ones, and the stack in the hall for grabbing on the way to the bathroom. And I'm not alone! My name is Tracey, and I'm a book addict ...

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 69 comments All my sweetie can say is thank goodness my addiction is books!!!

message 4: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments I have come to the conclusion that I too may also be a book addict... I am seriously in danger of being crushed to death by the piles of literature slowly but steadily mounting in my room and yet I continue to add to it, despite the danger it poses to the immediate continuation of my earthly existence. You knew me as Batsap and I am a book addict...

chucklesthescot If there is ever an earthquake where I live, I'll be buried under my many bookshelves...

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 69 comments LOL We'll come dig you out, chuckles! Then again, what a way to go, huh??!!

message 7: by Janice (new)

Janice (citereh) I live in California and I could seriously be buried by my book collection. I have four non-fiction books by the bed that I have started, but I keep finishing the fiction books. I have a book in the bathroom, a book & magazines at work, books & magazines on the coffee table, the books by the bed, cookbooks in the kitchen. When I was a kid, if my mom wouldn't let me read at the table while eating, I would read the cereal box. I read while traveling in the car and my husband drives. Sometimes I read out loud to him. I have hundreds of books that I have not read yet, but I keep buying more. I have an Excel list of all the titles and authors so I don't buy duplicates. My name is Jan and I am a book addict...

message 8: by Linda (last edited Feb 20, 2011 10:42PM) (new)

Linda My name is Linda and I too am a book addict - both reading and buying, as well as a "pusher" (mostly with my family). Sounds like I'm in good company: I read in the car (as a passenger, not a driver) and while eating and while "watching" TV. Just got "hooked" on audio books, so now I can also "read" while I cook, clean and exercise (now I just have to figure out how to run my Ipod through the car radio). My email address is: "2manybooks" as in "Too Many Books, Too Little Time" (which is also the title of a book which I read last year). I try to incorporate some non-fiction, but my addiction is heavily in fiction (the older, the better).
Thanks for listening...

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jebbie74) | 5 comments My name is jebbie and I too am a serious book addict. It doesn't help that my fiancée is an enabler and tells me I still have space on my bookshelves. Last count, I had over 3000 books double and triple stacked on those same bookshelves. I always have at least 3 books on the go, if not more. I haven't watched television in months (which is good) as I much prefer to read sitting next to my hunny in the livingroom. I know I have a serious addiction...but I don't really want to change it :)

message 10: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (bookboss) My name is Hilary and I'm also a book addict. I love reading, love collecting books, love having complete series or trilogies, etc. etc. etc. I have stacks of books everywhere. I only read one book at a time though and carry it with me everywhere I go (from room to room, in my purse when i go anywhere...etc). Now I just wish I was a faster reader so I could read more of my books ;)

message 11: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (liisbooks) WOW! I thought I was bad with all my books! It's nice to know I am not an alien after all. I have books all over the place as well. I am determined to have my own personal library some day. I am always going to Borders or Amazon and buying new books. Lately I have been taking bags to used book stores to get store credit so that I can trade for even more books that I haven't read. I really like owning my books though. I usually get rid of old books that I know I will never read again like all the teen books I read back in high school. I love my expanding book collection and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! There is just something so satisfying about buying a brand new book. I love the smell of new books and getting from one end of the book to the next. I too carry around a book wherever I go even as Hilary said, from room to room. I am never without a book or a giant stack of my "to read" pile. This is definitely the place for me ;)