Romance on Audio discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Currently Listening To:

Comments Showing 1-50 of 596 (596 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Feb 09, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments I am currently listening to T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton I know it is not a romance, but I'll listen to one next.

message 2: by Lupdilup (new)

Lupdilup | 510 comments Mod
Currently listening to Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews

message 3: by Lupdilup (new)

Lupdilup wrote: "Currently listening to Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews"

This was a great listen, I love this series.

message 4: by Lupdilup (new)

Lisa wrote: "I am currently listening to T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton I know it is not a romance, but I'll listen to one next."
I'm currently lsiten to
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Kana, I think without a doubt Sex, Murder And A Double Latte counts as a romance. Plus, I enjoyed the book. It was quite funny too. I marked it as 'chick-lit' and 'mystery' for my bookshelves.

message 6: by Lupdilup (new)

Funny!!! I just picked up Sex, Murder And A Double Latte (Sophie Katz, Book 1) by Kyra Davis on sale for $5 on audible.com, they were having a sale for members, I liked the reviews
so I got it, I'm Glad to hear it's good.

message 7: by Lupdilup (new)

I just started Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb

message 8: by Lupdilup (new)

Now listening to: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Wow, just figured out how to download books from my library online. Currently listening to Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaway Series #3) by Lisa Kleypas . I have already read it, but it is one of my favorites. Put Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian on hold; there is one person ahead of me.

message 10: by Lupdilup (new)

I've downloaded it, I love that series, let me know how you liked it. There are so many more romance books being release on audio ( for download) lately that I have a long list of books to listen to, audible has been running fabulous sales lately that I have downloaded just about every romance novel out there.
I think the idea of audio books is catching on, they're so easily available now days, one click and you have a book on your phone, is just fantastic.

message 11: by Lupdilup (new)

Now listening to Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Your are right Lupdilup, it is wonderful. I'm enjoying Tempt Me at Twilight, but the lady narrating it does sound a little too gruff when she speaks as Harry. But I'll still *sigh* over him. :-)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments I just started listening to Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost & loving it!

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lupdilup wrote: "I just started Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb"

Lupi, how did you like it? I love the "In Death" series on audio!

message 15: by Lupdilup (new)

Hi Christine! I gave four stars, I would have given it only 3 star...for some reason I couldn't get like to Eve, I did love Roarke and that's why I gave it four, I liked the mystery part a lot and I'm going to get the following books, maybe I'll get to like Eve. I'll stick with it because so many people like it, there's got to be a reason why. Some times it takes more than the first book to get to love a series and I got a feeling I will.

message 16: by Lupdilup (new)

Christine S. wrote: "I just started listening to Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost & loving it!"

I loved it too!

message 17: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 07, 2011 03:26PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Lupdilup, I checked my library and selected both audio books; I'm on a waiting list.
Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 18: by Lupdilup (new)

Lisa Kay wrote: "Lupdilup, I checked my library and selected both audio books; I on a waiting list.
Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. RobbHalfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost"

Alright! you'll like them both, is great to hear the library has Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost , some people loved the way the narrator did Bones, I thought it could have been better, let me know what you thought, is such great book that I still loved it.

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments I think I'm #5 on the list, so it will be awhile. I just accidently checked out Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning and I haven't read the first two yet. Unlike the PDF books, I don't think I can return it early. I'll have to hurry and catch up! Each check-out is 21 days. I thought I was putting Faefever in my 'bookbag' for holding. Oh dear.

message 20: by Lupdilup (new)

Lisa Kay wrote: "I think I'm #5 on the list, so it will be awhile. I just accidently checked out Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning and I haven't read the first two yet. Unlike the PDF books, I don't think I can return..."

Ahhh! I'm a fever maniac, wait till you get to meet Jericho. I guess you know this series must be read in order, each book ends with a cliffhanger worse than the last one. I hope you like it as much I did, on paper and audio.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lupdilup wrote: "Hi Christine! I gave four stars, I would have given it only 3 star...for some reason I couldn't get like to Eve, I did love Roarke and that's why I gave it four, I liked the mystery part a lot and..."

I kwym about Eve, she's very tough, abrupt & guarded, but she had to be to survive her childhood & job. Love her relationship with Roarke & the way he knows her inside & out & breaks down her defenses.

They also have some great characters & the narrator does a good job with the voices... I laugh every time I hear Trina!

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lupdilup wrote:
Alright! you'll like them both Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost, is great to hear the library has Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1), some people loved the way the narrator did Bones, I thought it could have been better, let me know what you thought, is such great book that I still loved it.
..."

I'm not crazy about Bones either, he's sounds like Oliver Twist... wish he sounded a bit more masculine! The storyline is so good that I was able to get past Bones' voice rather quickly.

I really wish that all audio books would have both male & female narrators! Some do decent enough jobs narrating the opposite sex, but it would be so much better to have both men & women!

message 23: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 02, 2011 10:23AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Christine, I'm listening to Don't Look Down right now and there are two narrators! One female and one male. I was so surprised. You are right; more audio books should do this.
Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie

message 24: by Jency (new)

Jency I am new to listening to books on audio, especially romance. I am going to give it a try through my library.

message 25: by Lupdilup (last edited Mar 08, 2011 11:14PM) (new)

Lisa Kay wrote: "Christine, I'm listening to Don't Look Down right now and there are two narrators! One female and one male. I was so surprised. You are right; more audio books should do this.
[boo..."

I wish so much they would do that too. Dreanfever and Shadowfever have two narrators, it's just great!!

message 26: by Lupdilup (new)

I'm listening to: Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 27: by Lupdilup (new)

I finished listening to Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , I liked it a lot better than the previous book,and WOW!! this book was hot!! S. Kenyon knows her sex scenes, funny listeing to this while on line at the bank.:))

message 28: by Lupdilup (new)

He grasped me firmly, but gently, just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice, close to my ear.
"Just relax. . . "
Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing and moving upward along my calves, slowly, but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure.
When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and I partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties. Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking "no" for an answer. A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say . . . . .
"Okay, ma'am," said a voice. "All done."
My eyes snapped open and he was standing in front of me, smiling,
holding out my purse. "You can board your flight now."

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments LOL! Okay, you had me going there. First I was like, WTF? Then I was like..."go with it". Then the kicker. LOL. Still laughing. Sad but true.

message 30: by Lupdilup (new)

LOL!! Funny isn't?

message 31: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Yep. Still laughing.

message 32: by Lupdilup (new)

A friend sent it to me... She had me going for a minute.

message 33: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments So, I wasn't the only one. It's good.

message 34: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments I'm looking at my public library on-line right now. Can you recommend any romantic-suspense that would be there? In other words, something now too new. I checked out Christine Feehan, but they have all her vamp stuff instead of the Ghost Walker, which I need to finish up.

message 35: by Lupdilup (new)

Do you like Linda Howard?
Dream Man was pretty good.

message 36: by Lupdilup (new)

I'm looking right now, and all of the In Death books, got big ratings, 4+ stars, I'm only listen to the first one.
I'll keep checking

message 37: by Lupdilup (last edited Mar 14, 2011 06:57AM) (new)

maybe you can go to:
http://www.audible.com
and try just browsing, look for romantic suspense and see if anything catches your interest.
unfortunately the only romantic suspense book I've listened to is Dream Man(actually 2 I listened to In Death book 1)

message 38: by Lupdilup (last edited Mar 14, 2011 07:01AM) (new)

Sorry about all the spelling errors, English is my second language, I still mess up a lot.:(
some times I forget to spell check.

message 39: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Thanks for the suggestions Lupdilup. I read Dream Man years ago, so maybe it's time to listen to it on audio. Dont' worry about the spelling - I just wished I spoke a second language. Who wrote In Death? Linda Howard? I can't find it on GR.

message 40: by Lupdilup (new)

Nora Roberts under her pseudonym J. D. Robb

message 41: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Thanks!

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Just starting Jane Eyre.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

message 43: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Oh Christine, are you doing the GR challenge?

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh Christine, are you doing the GR challenge?"

Yes, I figured it was time I get to it before the deadline. :)

message 45: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Good luck!

message 46: by Lupdilup (new)

Started listening last night Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon I'm half way done already. (great audio book)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lupdilup wrote: "Started listening last night Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon I'm half way done already. (great audio book)"

I've read about half of the series do far & was thinking of finishing up with a few audiobooks. I was wondering if they were good on audio though... I noticed that there at least 5 different narrators for the series. Thought that was kinda odd... wonder why they used so many different people?

message 48: by Lupdilup (new)

This is only my third book, I din't care for the first book
Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , I liked NIGHT EMBRACE a lot more, the narrator (female) did a great job, specially with the male voices, and this one Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon I'm loving, the narrator is great.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 131 comments Lupdilup wrote: "This is only my third book, I din't care for the first book
Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, I liked NIGHT EMBRACE a lot more, the narrator (female) did a great job, specially with the male voi..."

I'll give them a try, think I can get a few of them from the library.

message 50: by Lupdilup (last edited Mar 18, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

I'm on chapter 4 of First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones , So far is real good..very funny. The narrator is Lorelei King and she's terrific, she also does the Stephanie Plum series so you know what to expect. she’s real good at sarcasm and knows how to give the right tone to funny situations.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.