The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Introducing myself

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seb (new)

Seb (sebkirby) | 4 comments Hi

My name a Seb Kirby and I'm a recent member of GR and new to this interesting Group.

Amongst thriller writers, I like the writing of Harlan Coben and Robert Harris.

Oh, and I'm a new author with my fist novel published on Kindle just before Christmas.

I also moderate the GR Kindle Readers and Authors Group.

message 2: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Seb. Thanks for joining us. Hope you'll browse through the threads and join in the conversations. We've got some really creative story telling games going on as well.

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Seb. Glad you found us. Books by Harlan Coben have been group reads twice - check out the discussion.

message 4: by Seb (new)

Seb (sebkirby) | 4 comments Thanks for the welcomes, Hayes and Donna. As a writer I don't get as many chances as I would like to introduce my writing to discerning readers like the ones here. What would be the response if I was to do that? Get out of town?

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 233 comments hi Seb

i believe there's an authors corner of the discussion board, necessary unfortunately as some authors use these sites for spamming, i can tell you're far too polite and classy to indulge in such base behaviour, and also that many of us would be interested in taking a look.

message 6: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited Feb 11, 2011 10:24PM) (new)

Hi again Seb. Paul is right (thanks, Paul!); there is an "Author's Corner" where you can introduce your books, make offers, etc. Thanks for asking :-)

Here's the folder: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

message 7: by Seb (new)

Seb (sebkirby) | 4 comments Thanks, Paul / Hayes

And thanks for the link to the folder. Problem is that not many of those posts by would-be authors get many views or replies. The quest of the authors is to connect with readers.........

message 8: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

People see them and do look at the messages that authors leave (you can tell by looking at the view count). But this is principally a social forum, not a commercial forum, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.