eReader Addicts discussion

Which e-reader is best for an 8 yre old?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (kmoroziuk) | 2 comments My daughter has ADD, and it is a struggle to get her to read. Kids with this condition like technical tools, and I thought that an e-reader might make her want to read more. I prefer to hold a book in my hand so I know nothing about e-readers. Which one is best for an 8 yr old? It has to be one that has a lot of books that can be downloaded that are suitable for her age.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 09, 2011 06:51PM) (new)

Hey,
Nook has an app. for kids and they also have a section in the Nook store just for childrens books.
Here is the link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcol...
I hope this helps (:

message 3: by Krista (new)

Krista (kmoroziuk) | 2 comments That one looks great, but a little more than I want to spend. Also I'm in Canada. We do not have a Barnes & Noble - where else could I buy one?

message 4: by Ami (last edited Dec 01, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Ami E. Bowen (skayda) | 8 comments Well, there's always the brand I went with. Velocity Micro Cruz 4gb Tablet/E-Reader You can get the earlier models for under 100$ now. I know it's nothing spectacular but if you go into it realizing that it's NOT a Nook or a Kindle you'll/your child do fine with it. Plus, I think it's a great "first-time" e-reader that's kid-friendly. You can order them online via Amazon.com for a very low price now. I have a four-year-old niece, a five-year-old nephew and an eight-year-old nephew and they all can work the Cruz Tablet just fine without any assistance from anyone most of the time. Good luck on your e-reader adventures and hope you find something that'll work for you and yours.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Ami wrote: "Well, there's always the brand I went with. Velocity Micro Cruz 4gb Tablet/E-Reader You can get the earlier models for under 100$ now. I know it's nothing spectacular but if you go into it realizin..."
This is a good suggestion. I think for an 8 year old, keeping the price low is a good idea. It will hurt less when something happens to it.