Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Update on all things

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
I want to give an update about our anniversary.

Bookmark Exchange: They wont be to you on the 14th. I'm sorry. I got last minute emails to hold off a bit for late sends. I'm hoping to get everything this weekend and send them out. So you should hopefully get them by end of week next week. All of them have been so lovely I think it will be worth the wait.

Chicks Give Back: I've decided I'm going to leave our donation page up at heifer.org for a year. I think it will be great to see where we are in a year from now. Also, I often get requests from new people during the year about past things we've done and this will let future members be part of this great thing through the year. Also, there are times I have extra cash and times that are tight. This way I can roll with the budget and I assume others might be in the same boat.

Chick Exchange: It sounds like gifts are starting to roll in. Remember wait until the 14th to open it. Come back here and leave a remark for your secret chick. I think new friendships will be born of it. IF you don't have yours in the next 24hours or so please let me know so I can check with the person who has your name and see what is going on. Also if you are someone who had to send yours out late please let me know so I can let your chick know its on its way.

Giveaway: We have 9 books to giveaway. I don't have all of them, infact I don't have most of them. I will contact the authors that have offered the books with your information and they will send them directly to you. Here is how the giveaways are going to work. Tomorrow (10th) I will start a thread for giveaways. You may enter once. To enter you will just respond to that thread. Your response has a number attached to it (as you can see with all threads). That is your number for the drawing. Your number will go into a random draw and on the 14th I will randomly draw numbers through the day. If you win you have 48 hours to get back to me with your mailing information. If I don't hear from you in 48hours I will draw a new name for that book.

So in short, giveback goes all year, bookmarks end of next week, chick exchange and giveaway 14th.
YAY!!!

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli Sounds fun!! Thanks for doing all of this Tera..... this has been a great buildup to the 3rd anniversary of the group :)

Elizabeth (Alaska) YAY!!!!!

message 4: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Great!! Thanks, Tera!!! So many fun ways to be involved and celebrate 3 years! I am so glad that I found this group!

Elizabeth (Alaska) Brenda (Lansdowne) wrote: "It is the one group I have stuck with. There are a lot of amazing people in here. I enjoy each and every one of you."

Hear, hear!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Again, thank you Tera for all you do for us Chicks! I love being a part of this group and have since I joined shortly after you created CoL! Happy 3rd Anniversary!!!