V.C. Andrews discussion

Group Updates

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (last edited Feb 08, 2011 12:28PM) (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I have added "Family Storms" to the bookshelves. It is slated to be released on the 22nd of this month. :)

message 2: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
A poll for March's book club pick has been posted. Please vote if you have the time. :)

message 3: by Jody (last edited Feb 25, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
March's book club pick has been selected and the first chapter discussion has been setup. :D Don't forget "Family Storms" has been released, and I have added its second series release, "Cloudburst" to the shelves. :) You might also realize that some of the threads have been moved around for easier use.

message 4: by Donita (new)

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 22 comments Is there a folder or something that we could post what we are currently reading?

debbicat *made of stardust* (cr8zycat) Are we going to do a group read anytime soon?

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
Donita, I just added a new thread for you. :)

Debbie, I'd like to, but it's been a long time since anyone ever responded. :/

debbicat *made of stardust* (cr8zycat) I was thinking that might be the case. Looks like the group is kinda quiet. I just invited a friend that likes reading a lot, and pretty active, on other groups we are both part of, over to this one. I bet she would do a group read. We both like gothic romance. I only know her on goodreads, but we tend to read the same kind of books. Just saw Moura series on another group's bookshelf and man does it look good. Kinda itching to read it. It's by Virginia Coffman and can me gotten on kindle. Anyone familiar with her? Just now heard of her, tho I thought I had read a lot of gothics in my time.

message 8: by Donita (new)

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 22 comments Jody wrote: "Donita, I just added a new thread for you. :)

Debbie, I'd like to, but it's been a long time since anyone ever responded. :/"

Thank you Jody.

message 9: by Donita (new)

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 22 comments Jody wrote: "Donita, I just added a new thread for you. :)

Debbie, I'd like to, but it's been a long time since anyone ever responded. :/"

I had been trying to find something that I could comment on for awhile but I wasn't sure what. I have read all the V.C. Andrews books except for The Unwelcome Child which I have but haven't got to yet. But it has been such a long time ago since I read them that it is hard for me to remember most of it.

message 10: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth I'm in for a group read for next month!

debbicat *made of stardust* (cr8zycat) That's great Mary! I just joined the Mary Stewart group. Thanks to Dorcas. And they are doing a group read soon. I'm gonna get in on it. It's be quite awhile since I could do one. I've missed the interaction. :-)

debbicat *made of stardust* (cr8zycat) Thanks to Hannah and Dorcas. :-)

message 13: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I'm open to any ideas. :)

debbicat *made of stardust* (cr8zycat) cool! Think I'm gonna join the Mary Stewart group read. If I can get the book. Will let ya know. I do have a lot of books I'm itching to read. It would not be hard to make suggestions. Bet Mary Beth can too!

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin H Hey everyone welcome to the group! I would definitely recommend the Dollanganger series although surprising it's not one of my favorites! I still have to read Christopher's diaries!

message 16: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) Erin wrote: "Hey everyone welcome to the group! I would definitely recommend the Dollanganger series although surprising it's not one of my favorites! I still have to read Christopher's diaries!"

I have read it backwards I started with Christopher's diaries and also read Secret Brother which was really good. So now I have to go back and read the Dollanganger series from start to finish.

message 17: by shel (new)

shel hales | 5 comments hi :) new to the group, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good v.c Andrews series for me, so far i have read the flowers in the attic series, the rain series and the dawn series and loved all 3, although I have to say that flowers in the attic was probs my least favourite, just because it was so upsetting in parts..... has anyone got any suggestions of what I could read next?? :) ty

message 18: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
My favorite, and I own them all, is the Heaven series.

message 19: by shel (new)

shel hales | 5 comments Jody wrote: "My favorite, and I own them all, is the Heaven series. "

thankyou hun :) xx

message 20: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) shel wrote: "hi :) new to the group, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good v.c Andrews series for me, so far i have read the flowers in the attic series, the rain series and the dawn series and lov..."

I absolutely loved Broken Wings & Midnight Flight I would say of all the VCA I've read those are my favorite so far.

message 21: by shel (last edited Jan 06, 2016 10:54AM) (new)

shel hales | 5 comments Dana wrote: "shel wrote: "hi :) new to the group, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good v.c Andrews series for me, so far i have read the flowers in the attic series, the rain series and the dawn s..."

thanks hun, do broken wings and midnight flight go together hun :)

message 22: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
Just FYI: Heaven was written by V.C Andrews herself and not Andrew, the ghost writer.

message 23: by shel (new)

shel hales | 5 comments Jody wrote: "Just FYI: Heaven was written by V.C Andrews herself and not Andrew, the ghost writer."

I didn't know that hun, thankyou for telling me :D

message 24: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) Yes they do go together it's a great 2 book set

message 25: by shel (new)

shel hales | 5 comments thankyou, think I may have to read both them and the heaven series ....... :D