What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children's Sci-fi from the 70's

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Talking_books (new)

Talking_books | 4 comments Looking for the name of an audiobook (probably a print version of it too) that I used to check out of my local library on an almost weekly basis in the mid 1970's.

My son's reaching the same age as I was then, and he's into all things sci-fi, so here's what I remember about it.

It had two children, one from Earth, another from an alien world (possibly called Utopia) who went on exchange visits to each other's planets. I remember a scene where the alien child was amazed that water, so rare on his world, was just falling from the sky on Earth ... sorry, but that's about it. Hope someone out there can help.

Thanks

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 714 comments Maybe something by H.M. Hoover? She has many different children-on-alien-worlds novels.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
Talkingbooks, are you still looking for this?

message 4: by Talking_books (new)

Talking_books | 4 comments Yes ... never have found out what it was called!

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Talking_books, do you remember how many tapes were in the audiobook? Was just one tape or more than one?

message 6: by Talking_books (new)

Talking_books | 4 comments Just one tape - I remember a dark blue slip cover

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

And are you still looking for this?

message 8: by Talking_books (new)

Talking_books | 4 comments Yes ... still no joy

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Do you recall how long the book was? Was it aimed at younger children, YA, adults? Was the main focus of the book this exchange and the students' experiences, or was the exchange just a small part of a larger plot? Do you recall if there were other students who also did this exchange? Was it like an official, known-about thing, or did these two kids somehow change places accidentally?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.