Romance Audiobooks discussion

Goodreads Technical Advice > Link your books/authors in group threads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I'm fairly new to GoodReads and being active in one of their groups so I'm just NOW figuring out something pretty cool that you guys may already know. When talking about a book or author, you can just type it like Ilona Andrews or clink on the little link above the edit box that says "add book/author" and search for the book/author and link it into your post like this Ilona Andrews.

It doesn't take that much time but what is cool is when you view a thread you'll have some info over to the right up near the top of the thread that will list books and authors mentioned in the thread. There is a link in parenthesis for Other Topics. If you click that link, it will then list all topics in our group that mentions that book or author.

Who knew? (well, probably most of you)

message 2: by Melinda (last edited Feb 08, 2011 06:58PM) (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments I didn't know. hmmmm The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig

kewl

message 3: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I didn't either until I noticed it on another group. If us peeps start linking it could be pretty useful. I'll probably keep doing it. Otherwise, people can always search the group. Just thought I'd point it out.

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments The linking is useful and makes the posts more fun to look at and read. :)

I've been using Goodreads from a purely personal book tracking standpoint.

It's fun learning what all is possible by being more active in a group setting.

message 5: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments You can also see all authors and books linked in the threads of our groups by going to http://www.goodreads.com/group/discus.... I thought it was pretty cool. :-D

My primary book tracking tool is Calibre. http://calibre-ebook.com/ :)

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments That is very cool, how do you find this stuff?? :)

I recently downloaded Calibre to organize and/or reformat some e-books for my Kindle.

Calibre has an unfathomable amount of abilities. I haven't even scratched the surface, but I like knowing the possibilities are there.