Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Scarification: WHY WHY WHY!?!?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (last edited Feb 07, 2011 05:57PM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments http://www.oddee.com/item_97230.aspx

Don't click if you are at all squeamish.

I know I'm a square but come on now. Tattoos aren't cool enough anymore?

Do you know anyone who's done this? Have you scarified yourself?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I really really really wish I hadn't looked at those.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod

message 4: by Brittomart (last edited Feb 07, 2011 05:55PM) (new)

Brittomart That's disgusting...

Put those pictures in the "Things I Wish I Could Unsee" category.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ouch. That stings.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I'm not clicking. One time, when I was new to the internet, I accidentally saw a body modification jamboree or something. nope.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Very wise move Carol. I came into the thread too early and have been regreting it ever since. I was eating morning tea at the time.

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Wow! There are some deeply disturbed people in this world.

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm not clicking, either.

message 10: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Like those with tattoos and piercings, they're pathetic attention junkies.

message 11: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I'm not going to click the link, but I am going to object to Clark's blanket dismissal of people who choose body mods. Less judging and more empathy, please, Clarkie.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: ""

Sally, I love your video.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Disgusting! I don't understand why you would want to have chucks of flesh peeled off of you.

message 14: by Heidi (last edited Feb 08, 2011 04:05PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Lyzzibug wrote: "Disgusting! I don't understand why you would want to have chucks of flesh peeled off of you."

That reminds me of what this guy did to Willow in the Buffy episode, Same Time Same Place :( -

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uh....that'll leave a mark

not here, or here so much... but right 'here'.

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11627 comments I didn't mind the link at all. Just look at it like tattoos and there's no problem. Unless you're freaked by tattoos?

message 17: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Phil! That Nintendo controller thing is not like a tattoo.

message 18: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I wonder if they look better in person? They look so raw in the pictures

message 19: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Lyzzibug wrote: "Disgusting! I don't understand why you would want to have chucks of flesh peeled off of you."

Peeled? I thought it was branding.

message 20: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Suefly wrote: "I wonder if they look better in person? They look so raw in the pictures"

They probably look less...horrifying, I guess is the word, um... after they heal up.

message 21: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Aynge wrote: "Lyzzibug wrote: "Disgusting! I don't understand why you would want to have chucks of flesh peeled off of you."

Peeled? I thought it was branding."

i looked it up on wikipedia earlier today, and both methods can be used. depends on whether you're more into burned flesh or blood.

fun fact: when branding someone, wear a mask so you don't get any diseases from the vaporated skin that's floating in the air.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Good to know, thanks Janine.

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Some of you people are saying you're not clicking, and some of you say you regret clicking. Some of you are posting pictures. It makes me want to click so bad... It's like a compulsion to click, the curiosity is taking hold. NO! Shan't do it.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ew Janine.

Rachel DON'T.

message 25: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments you're welcome larry.

message 26: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments not clicking on this one. self hate is a terrible thing. or are they exhibitionist? poor things. obviously poor judgment skills.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments In Jackass 2 Bam Margera had his butt branded with a cattle brand. In the first Jackass movie, somebody got a tattoo while riding in the back of an off-road vehicle going over bumps.

I am a fan of nice tattoos, but I don't get that kind of casual disregard for your body.

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Some people will do anything to get attention.