Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Hey... Where's my folder?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (last edited Jul 21, 2011 11:20PM) (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Hi everyone:

If your 50 books list used to be here in the General Folder, please note that I have relocated it to one of the alphabetical folders below used for book lists based on your screen name used in the title of your posting.

Cheers,
Faye

*I'm bumping this to the top again as I've relocated many threads in the "50 Books in a Year" discussion to the proper alphabetical folder. I will be working on moving the rest soon and deleting the folder to make way for the 2011 Finish Line. *

message 2: by Tim (new)

Tim Weakley | 396 comments Hooray! Hehe...Thanks very much.

message 3: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
You are very welcome, Tim!

message 4: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 2 comments Not into computers, I like books. Can you tell me in simple language what happened to my 50 book challenge tally.

message 5: by Faye (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:24PM) (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
You bet, Evelyn.

If you look on the main page of the 50 Books group, you will see a beigeish bar that says "discussion board." Under that is a little triangle pointing down with "general" written beside it. This folder is for group member's general questions and comments. You will see gold coloured headings for the 5 most recently remarked upon discussions.

Under this is a black triangle and the title "A-E." Most people have titled their personal reading lists with their name or nickname. If someone's personal reading list had a name or nickname starting with the a letter between A and E (e.g. Bob's 50 for 2011, etc) their personal 50 list goes in that folder. Below this folder are the other folders for the reading lists for people that have names or nicknames starting with letters from the rest of the alphabet and archived lists or questions.

To be honest, though, I've taken a quick peruse of the A-E folder (found at http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...) and I don't see a post that has been updated in the last month identified with the name Evelyn and when I search the entire group discussion, I don't see any posts made by you in the 50 Books group other than the one made you've made above.

That being said, if I go to your profile page, http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/62..., and scroll about 2/3rds of the way down, I see a link to 2011 Reading Challenge (http://www.goodreads.com/challenges/2...) where it appears you have been keeping track of your reading so far this year.

I may be wrong on this point, but I'm pretty sure that tracking function is not directly related to this "50 Books" group, but we would welcome your contributions to our group.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Faye

message 6: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 2 comments All is well, thanks for the info. I apologize for my last post. I stayed up well past my bedtime finishing Bounty then got frustrated.
Evelyn

message 7: by Ivy Sarah (new)

Ivy Sarah Moe (ivysarahmoe) I just added my folder under K-O because I'm used to sorting by my last name, when I'm using my first name, which is an S. I fail. I don't know how to move it, help please?
Thanks,
no common sense

message 8: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Seruh wrote: "I just added my folder under K-O because I'm used to sorting by my last name, when I'm using my first name, which is an S. I fail. I don't know how to move it, help please?
Thanks,
no common sense"

All fixed. Cheers.

message 9: by Ivy Sarah (new)

Ivy Sarah Moe (ivysarahmoe) ^^^You're the best! Thanks a million.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateksh) | 741 comments Apologies -- I forget whether I move my 2011 list to the finish line myself or not. Help! It's Kate's 3rd attempt.

message 11: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Apologies -- I forget whether I move my 2011 list to the finish line myself or not. Help! It's Kate's 3rd attempt."

Yes, you can move the thread yourself - just click the small edit link beside the thread title while in the thread and it will take you a page that will have a drop down box of folder. Just choose the right one.

Cheers and good luck with year #3!