Challenge: 50 Books discussion

A Message from the Governess

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) After some reluctance and issues with denial I have decided to get into the passenger's seat of 50 Books.

I have two small children and barely have time to read let alone manage an online group about reading. With this said, I would like to offer an invitation for a new leader of the group. I would like to stay on as a collaborator, because I started this group and I do admire you all.

There are a few things I ask of you as the leader of the group. You have to be humble, respectful, and have a sense of humor. Don't be rude. Don't be...well, basically, don't be an A-hole.

This is small group of 3,700+ readers. I think the administration department needs a makeover. I will be having some help to clean this place up.

A lottery will be held Shirley Jackson style to determine the winner. Hehe. If you are interested send me an email through goodreads to let me know that you're interested. I will properly introduce the new group organizer/leader/dictator person.

Happy reading,

Danine

message 2: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Danine,

Thank you for getting the group started and keeping it going. I've really enjoyed all the great recommendations, reviews and inspirations it has brought.

While I hesitate to through my hat into the ring for the leadership role, (after all, sometimes I am so tempted to be an A-hole...) I will commit to assisting you and any new leader for 2011.

Best,
Faye

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Thanks for all your work, Danine. Its a great idea for a group and I have really enjoyed being a member. Kudos!

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Thanks Danine, you've done a great thing, and we'll try to take it easy on Faye.. for a while.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments
Thanks for all your work, Danine. Its a great idea for a group and I have really enjoyed being a member. Kudos!