What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. PI type has to take the nephew of a mobster on his next job in Florida. The nephew is a slob and PI is picky, a real odd couple. Nephew washes his hands before he urinates instead of after; this is how he gets killed.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new)

M | 1 comments Book is at least 15 years old, was in the mystery section of the library. The PI [he may just be a fixer type]lives in a northern state. One of the nephew's freely shared tips is to choose a woman with cellulite because they're better at sex. He's so innocently goofy that I was sorry he got killed, which happened because he was in a hurry to pee [he couldn't do it earlier because there was no time/place to wash his hands].

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
I don't know the book but I wondered since you mention Florida if it's something by Carl Hiaasen.

message 4: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 132 comments Don't remember which book it turned out to be, but this exact plot has been posted here before: the specifics included the detail of the mobster's nephew who ends up getting killed because he was compulsive to wash his hands before urinating. Can't search older posts from my iPhone, maybe you can from your computer?

message 5: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 132 comments Oh, my mistake, I see your post actually is older, probably the one I was thinking of. Sorry!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No problem.

I did a "urinating" search before you could post again...11 books.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

M, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "M, are you still looking for this book?"

No response; moved to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carl Hiaasen (other topics)