Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Can anyone tell me which book this is?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay all I can remember is the hero walking across the dance floor where the heroine is surrounded by loads of eager men and he growls at them to leave and they all turn tail and run and it causes much speculation. It is definitely a regency but damned if I can remember anything else about it (side effect of reading to many books I think). I am thinking maybe Julia Quinn but I can't even remember the names of the hero and heroine so I am grasping at straws. I remember the scene as delicious ad I want to re-read the book but that is difficult to do if I can't remember which book it is!

Steph

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9694 comments Mod
That sounds like Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I have read that one....let me do a scan and see (you might be right...and I did adore that book!)

Steph

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9694 comments Mod
Steph, that is my favorite book of all time. I love that scene.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 08, 2011 05:53PM) (new)

Oh I bow to you...you were right!

"Dain released Lady Wallingdon. Leaving her to totter to a chair, he turned and marched across the room in the direction of the grotesque fern. He kept on marching until the men crowding about Miss Trent had to give way or be trodden down. They gave way, but they didn’t go away.
He swept one heavy-lidded glance over them.
“Go away,” he said quietly.
They went."

Delicious!! I am re-adding it to my ereader so I can re-read it next :)

Steph

That's one of my favorite scenes, so it rang a bell immediately. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Obviously it made an impression on me too :)

Steph

Yup! I think I'm due for reread!

message 9: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) This just got added to my list. lol

Jennifer, I hope you like it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It is definitely in my top 10! There are very few books that I consider worthy of a re-read!

Steph

message 12: by Serena (last edited Feb 11, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

Serena | 31 comments I've never heard of it but just from the scene you've described there has me interested lol...I'm going to check it out.

Ah...I love the alpha males lol. Danielle you're a life...err book saver! lol

Oh that's a sweet thing to say, Serena!

Stephanie, this is one of the few books I have reread.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I read everything on my ereader and delete it immediately after the book is done...when I first finished this book I couldn't bear to delete it LOL. I did eventually several weeks later but I kept a copy on my computer for easy access. Such a sap :)

Steph

I only delete books if they are ones I know I'll never read again.

message 16: by Serena (new)

Serena | 31 comments Stephanie...I read it...well more like devoured it; in one day! I very much enjoyed it. Dain is well and truly a Dangerous Hero, and I love him lol. Do you have any other recommendations similar to this book?

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2011 09:29PM) (new)

Off the top of my head...

Anne Stuart is generally good for a dangerous hero in any of her books. Loved her Ruthless/Reckless/Breathless series.

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone....this one almost killed me...talk about tortured hero

And the one I am almost done reading right now is hitting all my sweet spots....More than a Mistress by Mary Balogh

Oh yeah and Alissa Johnson's Providence Series is awesome. I gave 3 of the 4 books five stars which I don't do all that often. And since you like quotes...here is part of my review from As Luck Would Have It:

My favorite quote so far "No! Don't! Don't touch me," she hissed, seeing red. Absolute fire and brimstone crimson red. "Don't ever touch me again. Don't even come near me, or so help me God, I will geld you. Now, do I make myself clear?"

I'll think on it some more and see what else I can come up with.

Steph

message 18: by Serena (new)

Serena | 31 comments Stephanie, Thanks for the recommendations....I'm adding them to my tbr list right now...although Sinful by Charlotte Feathersone will be moving up the latter rather quickly! from the summary it's right up my alley!

..and so is the providence Series!

Oh so many good books lol!

message 19: by Serena (new)

Serena (ean1jones) | 20 comments The cover give the lords of scoundrels a historical feel, is it? Would some one that's not big big on historical like this book? I like historicals, but conteporary are my fav.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer historicals but I do read some contemporary stuff. Personally I think that with the really great romances you can't go wrong and I consider Lord of Scoundrels to be one of those KWIM? If you like contemporary have you read the Doomsday Brethren series by Shayla Black I really loved that series (only drawback is that the next book isn't out till 2012 ) Its fantasy/romance and similar in feel to the Black Dagger Brotherhood (except wizards and not vampires). Also the first four books of the Black Dagger Brotherhood were awesome...I haven't enjoyed the ones after book four but the first four were amazing.

Steph

message 21: by Serena (new)

Serena (ean1jones) | 20 comments Thanks, I will try black's series. I am always looking for new stuff. I have really enjoyed all the BDB book just some more then others.

message 22: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments I'm glad someone else forgets what book her fav scenes are from sometimes LOL! I'm so impressed, Dani, that you immediately knew that one; I bet if this were a TV show ("Guess that damgerous hero for 5 million, please"), you'd make a fortune.

I'm currently trying to remember a book that was first in a PNR series so I can check for new installments but I CAN'T REMEMBER IT!!! Argh! There has got to be a better way to keep stuff straight. Any hints?

Can you tell me a little about the book, Cindi?

message 24: by Cindi (last edited Feb 19, 2011 06:27PM) (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments It wasn't by any of the "big" names. PNR contemporary. I remember the female getting accidentally turned by a vampire - he didn't mean it - and she runs off down the highway at night and he goes chasing her. I'm afraid if I say more I'll get it wrong and mess you up, tho! Oh, and this was maybe 2 years ago that I read it.

Hmm. Not sure about it. It wasn't The Turning was it?

message 26: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments You know, you could be right! I'm impressed. Since I didn't keep the book (I had to start selling back/using the library more a couple of years back or build a bigger house) I'll check it back out at the library. I didn't review it on GR, just gave it 4 stars. Thanks!!!

I hope that's the right one. :)

message 28: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Even if it isn't, I've added one to the TBR LOL! :)

Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Turning (other topics)