Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Mini Review shelf done! What shelf next?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Our Mini Review shelf is done. I will still add reviews here and there that are located within the body of previous SOA columns and each month we'll add another 8-10 Mini Reviews as they are published in the column. Thanks to Kelli and Vic for all their help in copying thos reviews over from the Speaking of Audiobooks columns.

What other shelves do you want to see? We have talked about Group Reads, Listening Challenge (categories) and others. We could do something along the lines of a shelf where we all add our personal DIK romance audiobooks - just brainstorming there.

So, what do you want to see?

message 2: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments I like the idea of "What I'm listening to now". Is that an ongoing topic?

message 3: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I like the idea of shelves for our DIK audio books.

Maybe have some shelves of our favorite narrators. For example, shelf: "narrator - Phil Gilante" and then we could add all the books from the mini reviews read by Phil to his shelf. Obviously we wouldn't add every book ever read but ... Then we could also set up "narrator - Davina Porter", "narrator sampler - Kate Reading" etc. Then any time we add a book to our group shelves, make sure to also add book to correct narrator shelf.

I'm thinking shelves on the group for our listening 2011 challenge may be difficult since we're all listening to different books and what not. Not sure though.

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) I like the idea of DIK shelf for audio books. I know I have a couple of 5 star favorites that I'm sure are favorites because I loved the narration so much!

message 5: by Vic (last edited Feb 07, 2011 01:41PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I set up a few narrator shelves and added the first few books on our mini-review shelf to the appropriate narrator. I couldn't decide if I'd rather have last name first or not....

What do you think? We can easily rename the shelf names to whatever the group wants. Or we can remove them if people think they just add clutter.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I think it might be best if we keep the group shelves to a minimum for the moment. I'm directing readers over to our Goodreads Mini Review shelf this week in the SOA column and with all the extra shelves, it looks confusing. How about we start a DIK shelf this week so when new people visit our group from the column(and I think there will be many who come to take a look) they can easily see the Mini Reviews and the DIK shelves. Both will be topics they are familiar with.

We can always add more shelves later as we decide what we want.

message 7: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Sounds good.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I have added a DIK shelf. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it means Desert Isle Keeper - a book you would want with you if you were stranded on a desert island. These are your A audio reads - both narration and story line. Please add your DIK audios.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) If you place a book on the DIK shelf, please include your name as the discussion leader so we know who placed the book on the shelf. Thanks!

message 10: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Vic - do you know if we can have sub-categories on the bookshelf? Such as narrator shelf and a sub-category for each narrator? Looks like we can't but hoping you know for sure.

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Krissie wrote: "I like the idea of "What I'm listening to now". Is that an ongoing topic?"

Yes, it's going to be an ongoing topic with it's own Folder.

We are going to keep What I'm Listening To Now pinned at the top, just under General Discussion.

Adding each month of the year so it's easy to scroll through for the most current listens.

message 12: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Vic - do you know if we can have sub-categories on the bookshelf? Such as narrator shelf and a sub-category for each narrator? Looks like we can't but hoping you know for sure."

I don't think we can but if anyone knows otherwise, please speak up!

message 13: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Just finished extracting semi-reviews from the body of a number of columns (those that were mentioned in some detail without an actual review)and we now have 104 books on our Mini Review shelf. We will keep it current with the release of each column.

message 14: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Added 2 mini Reviews from 2/11 column.